Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Running my OS4 games on QEmu
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Maijestro

SDL2 doesn't use 16-bit bitmaps, probably that's the reason it works better than SDL1.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Capehill

I remembered the last one where I also encountered this problem.
An old version of Open Fodder based on SDL2. I don't know how it was compiled and if not somehow with Gles.

Two machines running simultaneously. Qemu Pegasos2 G4 on top and Qemu A1 G4 on the bottom.
The problem here also occurs

Resized Image

Here a link to the old version of open fodder
https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=112398

Maybe this information will be useful.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@smarkusg

https://github.com/AmigaPorts/SDL/rele ... /v2.26.5-release-amigaos4 SDL2 uses only 32-bit bitmaps since this release.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Capehill

I hadn't noticed these changes - apologies and thanks for the information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Capehill
That changelog says "Compositing requires PatchCompositeTags on WinUAE, for example." I don't know what that does or means but if it's patching some kernel routines to work without hardware compositing then maybe that would be a solution here as well? It's still strange why the amigaone kernel works while pegasos2 has problems but despiite the two machines being similar in hardware the pegasos2 kernel also lacks some IRQ init that the amigaone one does so there might be some differences between these kernels.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton

Readme file you meant? CompositeTags() is a function in graphics.library. There is a patch meant for WinUAE: http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... sc/patchcompositetags.lha

PatchCompositeTags will not help with SDL1 (much). Most SDL1 apps were ported before compositing was added to AmigaOS 4 and before compositing support was added to SDL1 (~2015) and those apps are statically linked. In SDL1, compositing is used in special scenario where SDL_HWSURFACEs are used and when alpha-blending is enabled.

Edited by Capehill on 2024/4/27 14:59:40
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton @Caphill

It would be interesting to know if @Hans has the same problems with his VirtioGPU drivers or someone who has already used a real graphics card with Qemu.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)