Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SAM460LE case panel connectors
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello everyone.

I'm setting up my SAM460LE and I'm not sure of how to connect the case panel connectors to the motherboard header pins. The PDF file for the motherboard only gives the following simple piece of information:

Case panel connector (near the ATX Power connector) - J29
1-2 HD led
3-4 Power led
5-6 Power Switch
7-8 Reset Switch

I did some Googling and it seems that some of these have a +5v and matching GND pins, so you have to connect them the right way around (the two LED connectors on my case have + and - marked on them) but how do I know which is + and which is - on the motherboard's pins? They are not marked and are also not documented. Does it matter which way around the power and reset switches are connected? I don't want to blow my expensive new system up!

Does anyone know if there is some better documentation available? The only PDF I could find is for the old SAM460cr here: https://www.acube-systems.biz/download ... cr_EndUserManual_v1.0.pdf

Go to top
Re: SAM460LE case panel connectors
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hitman @m3x

Connect the Power and Reset switches for the moment until you get def. info on the right LED polarities, so you can atleast get to testdrive your new system!

And welcome(back?) to AmigaOS 4.1 !

Edit:Sorry, buttons are shorting two poles like a jumper, so you are totally ok with the buttons in any polarity way! You can't fail.

Edited by khayoz on 2023/11/7 2:37:48
Edited by khayoz on 2023/11/7 2:39:08
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hitman

Connecting the LEDs backwards shouldn't hurt anything; they just won't turn on. If that happens just reverse the connection. You can try the power LED first, since it's on all the time. The HD LED is almost certainly the same polarity.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hitman
Swithces have no polartiy as they just connect the two pins so it does not matter which way they are plugged in just that they are connected to the right pins.
LEDs have polarity and only light when connected the right way but as others said connecting them backwards should not cause any problem other than LEDs not lighting up (LEDs are diodes and only conduct one way). Usually the coloured wire is + on the connector (or in your case it's marked) on the board the header should have a marking like a + sign somewhere but if it doesn't assume first pin is + (so 1 and 3 for HD and power would be +) and if it does not work that way try the other way around.
Pin 1 on the connector is marked and then numbering goes as shown in the doc.

Go to top

Register To Post