Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4Depot email verification
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
An update for the "uploader" situation...

I've now updated the rules for uploading files as well as added new functionality to the administration interface. All new uploads must now be provided with a valid email address.

File approvers will not be able to approve files with a non validated email address.

Email addresses must first be validated manually. This will be in the form of a staff member sending an email to the specified address and once a valid reply is received the address can be validated and the file approved.

Email addresses will be considered as valid for one year. That is, any files being uploaded within this window won't require a new validation. Once passing the one year limit the email address will have to be validated again for any subsequent uploads.

Files being uploaded with an invalid address, an obfuscated address or an address that does not return a valid response will be removed.

Note: This does not mean that your email address have to be public. You can still use the checkbox to make you email address private.

Edited by orgin on 2016/9/21 13:22:05
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: OS4Depot email verification
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Sounds like a good move to me.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Sounds good but little unclear about the limit...

So you need to validate the email manually once every year, or only after if one haven't uploaded anything in a year?

(PS: I'm ok with either way personally, but if the former, this might be laborious for the OS4Depot admins :) )

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Marko

Once every year. If you validate it today you have to validate it in a year, regardless of how many files you upload in between.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Ok, thanks.

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Imho uploader(s) will just provide normal mail, but that will not make any difference to his (their) action. The only difference is that need to make a mail before starting uploading again. Or i miss the point ?)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The main problem is that there are no point of contact for the "Uploader" files. This way there's at least some way to get in contact when there is a problem with an archive.

And if it's still not possible to get in contact with the email once a problem arises then the email address will simply be invalidated requiring any subsequent uploads to have a validated email.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post