Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 66

Rob, sacc-dude, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ERROR Help "Serial Port Already in Use) Try to use Amiga Serial Flatbed Scanner Sharp Jx100
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey guys just like the title says I hooked up my cool Sharp JX100 flatbed scanner from my Classic Amiga to my peg2 running Amiga os4.1 u 6. The scanner is connected to the 9pin serial port but none of the software (the amiga jx100 software and Image fx 4.5 w/ jx100 plugin) will work with it becuase I get an Error saying "Serial Port already in use" Is this because of serial port dumping debug info? How do I fix this?

Also the OS4 serial prefs only lets me select max speed of 31250? whats up with that? Even my classic amiga can go higher! Please help

Go to top
Re: ERROR Help "Serial Port Already in Use) Try to use Amiga Serial Flatbed Scanner Sharp Jx100
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
well answered one of my own questions.. i looked in devs and saw that there is no serial.device but pegserial.device. changed that in image fx 4.5 studio and confirmed IT WORKS! YAY its slow as hell though becuase of the serial speed so the question still remains how can i boost the serial driver speed? Why would os4 have such a low baud limit?

Go to top

Register To Post