Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 139

walkero, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 32 »
Re: ScummVM and AmigaOS4.1 F.E.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

If you have that crt bundle file (can probably find one that comes with Odyssey), just put it in S: and see if that works.

Also in the new .so I sent you, I had disabled threaded resolving. So I'll want to send you at least one more version of the library for you to test, soon.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
MickJT wrote:@Maijestro
If you have that crt bundle file (can probably find one that comes with Odyssey), just put it in S: and see if that works.

It's not so important for now, but it had only been tried out briefly.

Quote:

Also in the new .so I sent you, I had disabled threaded resolving. So I'll want to send you at least one more version of the library for you to test, soon.

Of course I am still willing to do tests so that we get a stable ScummVm version for AmigaOs4.1. As I said with your libcurl.12 version there are currently no problems and ScummVM is now running very stable.

"disabled threaded resolving" I don't understand this, maybe you could explain it to me briefly?

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's the ability to look up IP addresses for multiple hostnames without waiting for a lookup to finish before it can lookup another. I'm not sure if other network activity also gets paused during domain lookups when threaded resolving is off.

There's platform specific code (including AmigaOS) in libcurl for threaded resolving. I'll turn it back on and send you a new .so to test tomorrow.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
IIRC all previous AmigaOS ports of libcurl (incl. my versions I used for OWB) used DEVS:curl-ca-bundle.crt, why did you change the path from DEVS: to S:?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

to answer your question:
yes, icon download always worked, i never saw this kind of error

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

I'm guessing you have that crt file in S:?

@joerg

S:curl-ca-bundle.crt is what's defined for CURL_CA_BUNDLE in config-amigaos.h (although that header file isn't used in the OS4 port) so I just used that, and an env variable should be able to override that. It's not defined at all by default, and I'm not sure if there's any default path when it's not defined. I can make it use the AmiSSL certs but then (in my past experience) there's no way to override that with env variables to force it to use a cert bundle file. I don't mind building libcurl with custom compile time options for ScummVM though.

@Maijestro

Soon, I'll be re-enabling the threaded resolver and make libcurl use AmiSSL certs. I'll edit this post when I've done that.

Edit: Done. Check your messages.

Also, I've noticed that -g isn't used by default when compiling libcurl, so it'd be missing debug symbols. If there's further issues, I'll add -g

Edited by MickJT on 2024/2/26 2:30:56
Edited by MickJT on 2024/2/26 2:36:31
Edited by MickJT on 2024/2/26 3:56:56
Edited by MickJT on 2024/2/26 4:32:44
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
config-amigaos.h may be something from obsolete AmigaOS ports (AmigaOS <= 3.9) which was never used in AmigaOS 4.x ports. AFAIK all AmigaOS 4.x ports, not only my versions, use DEVS:curl-ca-bundle.crt as default file name.

As for the threaded resolver: I never got the pthreads based one working without problems on AmigaOS 4.x, I used a adns library instead.

@all
If you are getting SSL errors make sure you have a current curl-ca-bundle.crt. Ancient versions from OWB or Odyssey distributions can't work any more. Get a current one, for example from https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html (you just have to rename the downloaded cacert.pem file to curl-ca-bundle.crt).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I think the threaded resolver will work (Futaura committed a bunch of AmigaOS specific patches for 7.85, and some of the threaded resolver stuff I think was based on your own work, but then worked on some more to support features in later versions of Roadshow). I think the issue Maijestro was having was because I had accidentally linked libpthread.a with libcurl.so.12, and another library used libpthread.so so you ended up with 2 different libpthreads being used.

Waiting for Maijestro to report back if the last .so I sent works properly.

Edited by MickJT on 2024/2/26 13:19:12
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Could you send me the new libcurl aswell?
If you got time...

I can't check right now, but i have set softlinks to different destinations to cover all possibilities, so it might very well be that i have a softlink set to S: too.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Emailed

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
MickJT wrote:@joerg
Waiting for Maijestro to report back if the last .so I sent works properly.

I did my usual tests by always being able to reproduce a DSI or a program crash. Nothing like that happened, their new libcurl.so.12 works and ScummVM runs very stable.

So next I tried the download function of the iconpack and yes, it works without problems. I created a new folder in ScummVM with the name "Icons" and defined the path in ScummVM. Thank you for your help, it makes me happy.

Resized Image

Perhaps you would like to make the source code available to Raziel so that he can use it for future versions. Maybe you have a better idea how we can use your libcurl.so.12 permanently. ?

It is not yet included in SDL2 from Capehill and some applications use statically linked SDL2 libraries, as I was told. So we should include this library permanently to avoid problems with newer versions of ScummVM.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am currently using 2 exe files...one with stack 1024000 and 4000000 with stack 4000000 everything seems to be ok with 1024000 there is a DSI again

Symbol info:
Instruction pointer 0x77944810 belongs to module "ags.plugin" (HUNK/Kickstart)

Stack trace:

module Programme:Emulatoren/ScummVM/plugins/ags.plugin at 0x77944810 (section 0 0x33380C)

module Programme:Emulatoren/ScummVM/sobjs/libpng16.so.16 at 0x78298808 (section 0 0x2BF38)

module Programme:Emulatoren/ScummVM/sobjs/libpng16.so.16 at 0x7828714C (section 0 0x1A87C)

module Programme:Emulatoren/ScummVM/sobjs/libpng16.so.16 at 0x78278974 (section 0 0xC0A4)

ScummVM:_ZN5Image10PNGDecoder10loadStreamERN6Common18SeekableReadStreamE()+0x82c (section 10 0x358FAC)

ScummVM:_ZN5Cloud9CloudIcon8loadIconERN8Graphics7SurfaceEPhm()+0xe8 (section 10 0x21B2AC)

ScummVM:_ZN5Cloud9CloudIcon9initIconsEv()+0x44 (section 10 0x21B428)

ScummVM:_ZN5Cloud9CloudIconC2Ev()+0x80 (section 10 0x21B4E0)

ScummVM:_ZN5Cloud12CloudManagerC2Ev()+0x68 (section 10 0x21B594)

ScummVM:scummvm_main()+0x3ef4 (section 10 0x7BCA4)

ScummVM:main()+0x198 (section 10 0x73A7C)

native kernel module newlib.library.kmod+0x00002614
    native kernel module newlib
.library.kmod+0x000032f0
    native kernel module newlib
.library.kmod+0x00003864
    ScummVM
:_start()+0x1e0 (section 10 0x3288)

native kernel module dos.library.kmod+0x0002a458
    native kernel module kernel
+0x0005b3e8
    native kernel module kernel
+0x0005b460

It must also be tested on real hardware...to confirm that it really is a bug. Or the stacksize needs to be increased, not sure.

@joerg

Thanks for the tip with current curl-ca-bundle.crt I have updated this certificate in Sys:devs/ it was from 2014 and is now from 2023, but I'm not sure if Odyssey uses it too.

Edited by Maijestro on 2024/2/26 16:18:09
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/2/26 18:35:14
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/2/26 18:36:59
Edited by Maijestro on 2024/2/26 18:39:20
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Quote:

Perhaps you would like to make the source code available to Raziel so that he can use it for future versions. Maybe you have a better idea how we can use your libcurl.so.12 permanently. ?

no need...

Quote:

It is not yet included in SDL2 from Capehill and some applications use statically linked SDL2 libraries, as I was told. So we should include this library permanently to avoid problems with newer versions of ScummVM.

...as this latest libcurl release will be used as default for new builds
Also, the nice thing about shared objects or libraries is that i dont need the source, you can simply switch out the .so library (otherwise you wouldnt have been able to test anything without a new scummvm build --> difference of shared to static builds)

Quote:

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am currently using 2 exe files...one with stack 1024000 and 4000000 with stack 4000000 everything seems to be ok with 1024000 there is a DSI again

well...
- setting your stack locally to 1 MB wont reduce ScummVMs stack which is set to 2 MB via the stack cookie
- your test with a 4 MB stack already helps, ill probably settle with a stack of 8 MB even to be on the safe side (via the stack cookie)

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

New version up

- stack cookie at 8 MB
- libcurl latest version

the exit crash and unfreed signals are still in there, though

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

New version up

- stack cookie at 8 MB
- libcurl latest version

the exit crash and unfreed signals are still in there, though

Are you back on your Aos4.1 machine?

We can then test it in parallel. I have some time at the weekend and will take a close look at your new version. Can the new version be downloaded from somewhere? Your old source for downloads does not work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Yes.

Huh, but it does: https://gofile.me/7hB4K/aX7Wwl2aY

If you ever forget the link, just go to my user page and click on the website link

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
general thought

i wonder if there would be a way to enhance Grim Reaper/the system to show if there was a stack overrun causing the crash...or whatever

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Huh, but it does: https://gofile.me/7hB4K/aX7Wwl2aY

If you ever forget the link, just go to my user page and click on the website link

I've tried using your download link and also directly via your profile website but it always results in me not being able to download any data. I also tried it with my cell phone

It always leads to the same result:

Unable to download file(s).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Strange, it works here...from pc, from cell

you got an emal to share? PM me..i'll try a link to you direfctly then

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

you got an emal to share? PM me..i'll try a link to you direfctly then

Thank you....now it has worked. I will test their new version extensively tonight. You wrote that you also had crashes with your new version, how can it be reproduced?

Otherwise I'll run the tests as usual where it always crashed.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

Well, still the ISI crash when starting ScummVM without an .ini file.

Got the unfreed signals with
scummvm -version

and a crash after loading for different engines and quit

But more importantly would be your YouTube crashes and other random ones you got, since now the stack has been raised to 8 MB internally

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 32 »