Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

68k App on OS4Depot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi guys,
My SMBMounter application is on OS4Depot for the past couple of years. It is an OS3/m68k application, but was written primarily for my own use on OS4. At the time there were a couple of people questioning whether it should be there at all but it was left as it was. However, I've now updated SMBMounter and was again wondering about it being on OS4Depot. I see three possible options:

1) Remove SMBMounter from OS4Depot (it is still available on Aminet and my own website.

2) Upload the new version to OS4Depot, replacing the old version.

3) Leave the existing (old) version on OS4Depot as it is, to avoid uploading / refreshing 68k software.

Any thoughts on this guys? I'm happy with any of these options so I'll go with whatever you think is best... Thanks!

Go to top
Re: 68k App on OS4Depot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Why don't you make an OS4 version? In the best case it is just a compile run without changes to the source code.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@thomas

IIRC it's written in AmiBlitz or similar.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Just upload it.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Does this mean I can finally upload some of my 68k programs written in AmiBlitz?

Last time I tried many years ago it was rejected because it was 68k even though it was specifically written to use OS4 features (APPDIR:) and could not run on anything else.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yep, it's written in AmiBlitz so there's only a 68k compiler available. If I had the time I'd like to rewrite it (and many of my other programs) in C and create versions for different platforms, but with what limited time I have for coding it might never get done.

Thanks guys, I'll upload it this evening.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

As long as it work on AmigaOS4.x, then way not, if does not work it should not be there.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Daedalus

I got Pål Ringkilen (Anique) to start with Amiga again back in 2004, I made wrapper for BlitzBasic2 Gadtools to Gadtools.library, for him to compile his program (poolman a program like AmiDock) using vbcc I think, we tried to run them as is, but they where buggy.

I used the same code to port wb96 to AmigaOS4.1 now named Excalibur, (not to be confused with wb95 that was developed, and released by someone else ).

If that code is useful to you can have it, it saves you time to having to rewrite some parts.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thanks for that. I'm a little confused about what your code is - is it a layout engine using GadTools, or is it a replacement for the internal GadTools commands? To be honest most of my apps these days use MUI which is at least a step towards better portability to other languages - I don't tend to use GadTools for much any more.

It is a long-term goal of mine to rewrite SMBMounter using MUI and C, but with too many projects and too little time I have to prioritise, and bug fixes for older apps fit my priorities better than rewrites.

Go to top

Register To Post