Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 144

geennaam, samo79, amigait, Elwood, bigmac, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Megazeux problems on exit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Amigans

I have been reworking the status of my hard disk and ultimately I am unpacking all the software (some of I have done previously) of the OS4depot archive,sex,games,etc...so I unpacked the megazeux archive from OS4depot and then a game called "Armageddon Sword".The archives,games and all came from various DVDs and CDs from valuable backups.
I started the interpreter and readed the readme file and played thegame without much success on moving the heroe around the screen and when I exited with Esc and then Return it was the moment when screen freezes and music continued playing.

The Amiga-OS I am using now is Amiga OS4.1.3 on a multiboot "bundle-buzz pack" with AmigaOS4.1.3,OS4.1.1,AmigaOS4.0 Final+July and finally AmigaOS 4.0 Update 4 with wich I am now testing the software I can on the time being to be as OS4.1 and OS4.0 compatible.

The question is if this will fit well with older and more recent OS4 software?

About Megazeux; will this game behavior affect other future probed games?

Why Megazeux hangs with Armageddon Sword?

I wait for your replies

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Megazeux problems on exit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nothing to say?

Who knows or plays Megazeux?

EDIT: I am now testing AmiCygnix and using Netsurf 1.2 to post this on Amigans.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
Nothing to say?

Who knows or plays Megazeux?

EDIT: I am now testing AmiCygnix and using Netsurf 1.2 to post this on Amigans.

i'll see if i can reproduce your hang condition this evening after work on my SAM. i'll update this post with any findings.

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
The Amiga-OS I am using now is Amiga OS4.1.3 on a multiboot "bundle-buzz pack" with AmigaOS4.1.3,OS4.1.1,AmigaOS4.0 Final+July and finally AmigaOS 4.0 Update 4 with wich I am now testing the software I can on the time being to be as OS4.1 and OS4.0 compatible.

The question is if this will fit well with older and more recent OS4 software?

About Megazeux; will this game behavior affect other future probed games?

Why Megazeux hangs with Armageddon Sword?

i was unable to reproduce your hang condition on my system. for reference purposes i am using the versions of megazeux and armageddon sword from os4depot on my SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz with 512MB of RAM, a radeon 9250 128MB graphics card, and running OS4.1u3.

is this only occuring on this particular game, or all of the megazeux games? do you have up-to-date SDL libraries?

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is occuring at least on two games.One Armageddon Sword on OS4.0 Final+July and second Xenogenesis on OS4.1 Update 3.

It's no so important,I have better games and things to manage or obtain but still I think Megazeux is a good piece of software.

I don't know what is the latest version of SDL on AmigaOS4.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1

You can download the latest SDL shared objects from here:
http://code.google.com/p/os4sdl/downloads/list

Don't know if Megazeux uses shared objects though, if it doesn't then you are stuck with whatever version it has been compiled and linked with.

Go to top

Register To Post