Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

myX11Setup language and opening programs from Workbench DefIcons
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello all,

Can anyone help...

1) How do ccan I change myX11Setup to english as the options on mine are in german?

2) Is it possible to start an AmiCynix program form a DefIcon, e.g. when double clicking on a Worddoc it would open in AbiWord?

Thanks.

Go to top
Re: myX11Setup language and opening programs from Workbench DefIcons
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Quote:
1) How do ccan I change myX11Setup to english as the options on mine are in german?

I guess, there is something wrong with your installation. Normally the english catalog is installed by default. It should be located in "Cygnix:Catalogs/english" (myX11Setup.catalog) and the program "myX11Setup" should be in "Cygnix:". When the program is moved to an other place, it cannot find the catalog.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to start an AmiCynix program form a DefIcon, e.g. when double clicking on a Worddoc it would open in AbiWord?

Yes, it is possible, but it is a little bit tricky. Reason: AmiCygnix programs can only handle Unix style paths, DefIcons uses of course Amiga style paths.
AmiCygnix contains a command for translating paths. You could use this script for opening Word documents with AbiWord:

;
; $VER: Start_abiword_DefIcons.bat 1.0 ? 30.09.2010 Edgar Schwan
;

.bra {
.ket }
.key FILE/A

Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6/Start_abiword.bat `Cygnix:CygnixPPC/bin/amiga2unixpath {FILE}`

Download: Start_abiword_DefIcons.bat

I suggest to store this script to "Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6". Then create a project icon in "Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys" called "def_worddoc.info" and set "Cygnix:Software/AbiWord-2.6/Start_Abiword_DefIcons.bat" as the default tool and select "start with Shell".

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

1) Checked installation and looks ok (myX11Setup in CYGNIX:), deleted all but English/GB catalog, still has German buttons though?

2) Thanks for the script, set up a deficon for worddoc like you said, but getting following message now when trying to open a worddoc from Workbench:

EXECUTE: Parameters unsuitable for key "FILE/K"

Any idea, what I've missed?

Thanks for your help.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

edit the "Start_abiword.bat" script and delete "/K" right after
Quote:
.key FILE

save and it might work.

should look like this:
Quote:
;
;
; Start_abiword.bat
;
; $VER: 1.0 2008-12-15 Edgar Schwan
;

.key FILE
.bra {
.ket }

Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/IsXRunning
If WARN
execute Cygnix:s/Start_XGeek.bat
Else
Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/xscreen2front
wait SECS=1
EndIf

stack 500000

instead of

Quote:
;
;
; Start_abiword.bat
;
; $VER: 1.0 2008-12-15 Edgar Schwan
;

.key FILE/K
.bra {
.ket }

Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/IsXRunning
If WARN
execute Cygnix:s/Start_XGeek.bat
Else
Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin/xscreen2front
wait SECS=1
EndIf

stack 500000

both files ("Start_abiword.bat" and "Start_abiword_deficons.bat") should have the "script" and "executable" protection bits set.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Daniel

Quote:
1) Checked installation and looks ok (myX11Setup in CYGNIX:), deleted all but English/GB catalog, still has German buttons though?

Did you select "english-british" as your language? If yes, then myX11Setup doesn't find the catalog. Please duplicate the drawer (and it's content) "Cygnix:Catalogs/english" and name it "Cygnix:Catalogs/english-british".

Quote:
2) Thanks for the script, set up a deficon for worddoc like you said, but getting following message now when trying to open a worddoc from Workbench:

EXECUTE: Parameters unsuitable for key "FILE/K"

The argument template should be "FILE/A" or simply "FILE" as Amigo1 said. This is a bug in my current AbiWord package, sorry.
And yes, please set the script flag!

Go to top

Register To Post