Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 133

VooDoo, smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Need help with Warp3D+W3D_DrawElements on AOS4
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
We try to write a little example for learning purposes, which will show how coders can use z-buffer + latest w3d fucntions like w3d_DrawElemets in warp3d programms. We already write such example (that is just rotated Cow, with many triangles, high detailed, etc), which use z-buffer and w3d_drawelements fucntions. But the problem is: That 68k binary works fine on:

1. amiga classic (Mediator 3000T/4000T and Voodoo4 under AmigaOS 3.9)
2. morphos2.x on peg2 with Radeon9250
3. winuae with wazp3d

In other words it works everythere, but on amigaos4 (with the same Radeon9250 as for Morphos), it give us black window, and nothing more. I tryed to recompile it as aos4 native, but still, we have black window. I.e. everything looks like works. We can see FPS count, "esc" handler works too, but just visibly on the window we see nothing. Just black screen. Like some warp3d mode set, or not set. Of course i can claim yourself for not knowing something, but if it works on all the other oses, and different warp3d realisation, so, the question is still here: why it just give us black window on aos4/radeon9250/peg2 ?

There is aos4 source (for make it works native). Any help are wellcome. Personaly i hope that Hanz or maybe Rogue can have a look at it (source pretty small and very understanable). Compilation line are trivial:
Quote:

gcc cow3d.c -lamiga -lauto -O3 -o cow3d

Thanks for.

Edited by kas1e on 2010/3/26 15:48:25
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Need help with Warp3d+z-buffer on AOS4
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I've taken a quick look at your code, but I can't see anything wrong with it. My only suggestion would be to compare your code with something that is known to work, e.g., MiniGL.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Thanks for help, but the problem exactly with warp3d itself (i mean that for minigl, all the deep-inside functions are done, so, making the same over minigl will make not so big sense imho ?)

Btw, for you binary also show "black window" ? If so, which hardware/gfx card (and w3d drivers) are you use ?

Why i ask you, because i think that you know deep details about current state of warp3d on aos41..

Bad think for me that the same code works fine on all other amiga-like oses :( Just dunno on which have a look to understand why it not works on aos4 ..

Edited by kas1e on 2010/3/26 15:49:16
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I don't know "deep details about the current state of Warp3D." In fact, I've never written anything that uses Warp3D outside of MiniGL.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Ok, got it ..

Anyone else ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Maybe can someone provide an little-easy example, of using W3D_DrawElements function on aos4 ? Just little texture which draws on screen by w3d_drawelements ? (looks like that problem is here).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
Maybe can someone provide an little-easy example, of using W3D_DrawElements function on aos4 ? Just little texture which draws on screen by w3d_drawelements ? (looks like that problem is here).

The old Warp3D 4.2 SDK for classic Amigas should have some examples that you can adapt to Amiga OS 4.

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Old 4.2a distrib have only 2 sources: engine and warptest. They give not so good examples of how working with W3D_DrawElements (basically, these sources not use W3D_DrawElemets at all).

I have spend many hours related to warp3d (you can see in my signature diskmag which i code over warp3d). But there i use only W3D_DrawTriStrip functions for drawing on screen textures.

For now, i just change in that Cow3D code W3D_DrawElements on W3D_DrawTriStrip (+ some init stuff need it for W3D_DrawTriStrip only), and it show Cow texture fine (what mean, that initialisation, creating of context, loading of textures and alt - works fine). Just something wrong with W3D_DrawElements exactly. And what exactly - i can't understand at moment.

Maybe for AOS4 i need some more settings before i can use DrawElements - i just do not know (i read docs of coruse, and trying some thinks). And because of it, i ask somebody just about little example of usage that W3D_DrawElement fucntion on aos4 (Exactly that fucntions), because for now i have black screen with it :(

Ps. Hanz, maybe you can annoy warp3d authors, or maybe you can check it yourself (if you have access to warp3d sources), why when coder create W3D_Context with W3D_Inderect mode, it freze the whole os (but must just skip that) ? Pretty annoing bug on which i spend days ago some time ..

Edited by kas1e on 2010/3/26 8:46:38
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post