Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
206 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 204

amigait, VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Slow WBStart; Ringhio, or SabreMSN/Wet-bug?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I just noticed a very slow WB start (WB came up, but AmiDock took its time, say 40-50 seconds, adn the system was unusably slow). I had newly installed Wet, and thought that disabling it could help, it however didn't solve the problem.

After som error searching I found that the ENV:ringhio.appsprefs.xml was a whopping 2 megs (compared to what it usually is). Looking at it I found that the entries for SabreMSN and WET had a lot of garbage in them. The garbage consisted of international UTF-8 characters. I have a voulme with the name "H?rddisk", and the name of Wet is "V?der" in swedish.

So, does SabreMSN and Wet use some sort of unicode.libaray that is faulty, or is the fault within Ringhio-server?

The appsprefs XML-file can be found here: ringhio.appsprefs.xm
Removing the strange entries solved the problem.

Go to top
Re: Slow WBStart; Ringhio, or SabreMSN/Wet-bug?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@jaokim

Quote:
So, does [...] Wet use some sort of unicode.libaray that is faulty

Only locale.library with catalogs in various charsets. I'd suggest that application.library or Ringhio doesn't like non-US-ASCII characters.

Chris

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jaokim

I was wondering if it was AmiDock trying to start up as my AmiDock is rather large and ENV:ringhio.appsprefs.xml is still very small.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Are you using the Arexx interface? I don't remember if Arexx supports non-US-ASCII characters.

Could you please provide me with the string you're sending to Ringhio, to replicate the problem?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@m3x

For actual notifications, yes - but these probably won't be collating against Wet for the poster's problem, due to a bug where I use a non-translated application name. The prefs file posted above suggests that it is not recognising the (translated) application name from RegisterApplication() and is constantly re-registering it.

For reference the command sent is:
RINGHIO APP=Weather SCREEN=FRONT IMG="t:wet_XXXX" TITLE="Location, Country" "Conditions, xx?C"

All the strings can change, those are the defaults. APP=Weather won't match up with the registered app name on non-English locales as I forgot to insert the translation of "Weather".

Chris

Go to top

Register To Post