Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 118

joerg, jarokuczi, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

new os4 video (68k mags + os4 stability)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I made this kind of post on the amigaworld.net, but not all the ppls visit AW, so i also duplucate it here. Imho it can be interesting to someone:

I made a little video related to os4 for some friends but i think that video can be interesting to many other ppls, so, just make a topic for that.

Video can be splitted on 2 parts. First part (up to the 4:30 of time) showing 68k scene diskmags which works on os4.1 now becouse of new wrapper/libs done by Salas00 for the old ptreplay and medplayer librarys. You can check this topic for detect how it was done and which old 68k progs now works with it.

For firstly i run 3 (4,6,7) issues of russian diskmag called "poweramiga". It's a bit lame by the content, but good looking by gfx/music. Issues 4,5,6 uses "ptreplay.library". Issue 7 uses medplayer.library. Then next i run Excess8 and Excess9 diskmags by MadWizards, and after all the poland diskmag called Seven Days by LazyMinds.

The next part of video (started from the 4:30 of time), can be called as "os4 stability when you load it heavy". I just run seven days1 diskmag on own screen, then run Uprough's EP-0003 (lowtech EP) on port of which i works right now (this nice minimal music it's from this ep), then:
- Filler
- Wookiechat and going to irc.amigaworld.net
- DirOpus4
- OWB (going to amigaworld.net)
- ScummVM (running FullThrottle game)
- tunenet (play mp3 on it)
- FallingUP (a nice game ported by IAmSonic)
- Ltris game
- PIG game

Then battery of the camera start to be "low" and i stop the record. But for sure i can run somethink else over all of this.

Must to say, that some of these progs "hold" network connection all the time, some of these progs (many) use AHI (you can heard all of this at the same time).

So the result: for the os without memory protection, it's already _very good_. Some oses _with_ memory protection not have this kind of stability. I really enjoy by current state of os4 :)

Of course it's all mean runing only "good" programms. Which are writed good. Becouse all of this can be just die becouse of only one running bad programm. But in generall, when we works on somethink, we all the time uses stable programms, so for the reality it's make a sense.

ps. The video done on peg2/1gz/1gb of ram/radeon9250/latest os4.1 with latest quickfix.

Go to top
Re: new os4 video (68k mags + os4 stability)
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

Nice to see people using the Filer :)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Only why i use Dopus sometime, it's becouse of "2 panel manager" which easy and logical to copy files from archive (i.e. unpack), and just do copy from some place to another (i still miss "Easy" copy stuff in the Filler. For example will be cool to just run 2 filler window and in one filler going inside the archive, select need it files, and just copy it to another window (or just drag&drop it)).

Filler run/exit programm correctly(current diropus4 are not, even if dopus have "async" flags, it's still not works like it must. Filler always run anythink (even bad one) and back control back), i like that i can in one little window see almost all my files and directoryes. Also will be cool to have "configurable keys" for all the actions, but.. it's all depend on your time and wish :) And the design and layot of filler looks logical/compact/modern for me. I can resize it as i want and so on (dopus a bit like "stone" here, you can control of course size of window, but only by setup, that is suck, becouse some time jsut need do fast resize to see somethink and filer won here again).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks making this video.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Nice Video!

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top

Register To Post