Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

cppunit
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

I'd like to know if there is someone familiar with cppunit here that would be ready to port it to OS4. As you may know I'm working on the wxWidgets port and test cases are using cppunit. I managed to do a quick recompilation of libcppunit.a but I'm not even sure that's enough.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Re: cppunit
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@abalaban

Can't help you much, but anyway, perhaps there's a test suite for cppunit itself that you can build and run?

cppunit, junit etc usually comes with a GUI for managing the tests, but that would take some porting no doubt. Automated tests should work though..

Perhaps a cppunit port should be a bounty all on itself... a GUI for it would have been very helpful.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

You are right it seems only automated tests are used under wxWidgets (at least for the wxBase part). I don't want to loose oo much time on this during the wxWidget bounty...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban

i'll take a look at it and i'll tell you

Edit:

Download

Tell me if you have troubles, maybe it needs libsysvipc library.
By the way i don't think it will be needed for wxWidget port since it is only a way to test if all is ok

P.S.
it should be simply to port by you. it doesn't use nothing special. The only thing to check is the Dll test.. i'm sure that load dynamic .so file will throw some problems..

Edited by afxgroup on 2009/6/8 12:56:53
i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Thank you I'll try it, I know it's only for testing purpose but I'd like to have the wxWidgets Amiga port pass all official tests (it will help if we want it to be incorporated in the main tree).
I was rather searching for someone having knowledge in cppunit because he would have been able to tell if the cppunit port was working (how do you test a tesing framework ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@abalaban

there is an example in the source code that works.. i think cppunit adds some code to the project code and it is useful to test specific cases. For example wxWidgets test suite will be linked against cppunit and every exe will tell you the expected result and the result itself

i'm really tired...
Go to top

Register To Post