Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anonymous
ILocale->FormatString32() example
I'm searching for an example of ILocale->FormatString32() showing how to write custom PutCharFunc. I'm particularly interested in a PutCharFunc just counting characters.

Go to top
Anonymous
Re: ILocale->FormatString32() example
Well, I've found that I can use IUtility->VSNPrintf() for both counting characters and do formatting to a buffer. I guess that locale.library "takes over" the VSNPrintf() when installed, so the result is exactly the same. Still an example showing non-standard PutChProc for FormatString32() may be interesting, as the autodoc is not clear (for example it specifies the third parameter as "TEXT", whatever it means...).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@krashan

TEXT is the base type for STRPTR and CONST_STRPTR. So basically it is equal to "char", which matches the Autodoc:

Quote:
A1 - character for hook to process (not a pointer!)

This means the third parameter is just a single character and NOT a pointer to a NUL terminated string.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@krashan

Here are examples for various format functions:

http://www.amiga-news.de/forum/thread ... id=25548&BoardID=7#257442

It's for OS 3.x, though, i.e. FormatString32 is not contained. But it should be similar to the older FormatString.

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@krashan

Also be aware that SNPrintf and its kin return a count that includes the terminating null, so you get a return value one more than you would expect from the C library printf() or sprintf().

cheers
tony
Go to top

Register To Post