Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Versions of Sobjs
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi there!

As a spoiled AmigaOS user since the early nineties i am really used to the functionality and transparency of the Version command (and the version string in binaries and libraries etc.).

And now OS4.x: While fiddling around with Netsurf 2 and the bunch of new (?) sobjs i was somewhat disappointed by the fact that evaluating the actual version of the sobjs isn't trivial. Is there a "standard way" to see the version of a sobj?

Go to top
Re: Versions of Sobjs
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@cha05e90

Would be nice if a standard like this was implemented:

http://openamiga.org/?function=viewproject&projectid=32

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Versions of Sobjs
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@cha05e90

Some have proper AmigaOS version strings but not many. The problem with adding an AmigaOS version string, is if you build a static and shared version of the library, then the static version with the version string in will cause the resulting executable to have the library's version string in it as well.

Shared objects tend to have version numbers in the names. It's a rubbish way of handling things. I tend to just look at the datestamp.

btw, the versions of the SObjs in the NetSurf package are:

libnsbmp 0.0.1
libnsgif 0.0.1
libparserutils 0.0.1
libhubbub 0.0.1
libmng 1.0.10
liblcms 1.17
libhpdf - this is a special version of one of the snapshots ("around" 2.2.0 presumably) with an extra function or two

The rest are nabbed from elsewhere and I know as much as you on the versions.

Go to top

Register To Post