Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

A1 & Parallel Zip
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi,
I recently acquired a 2nd-hand parallel Zip 100, and thought it might be useful for using with my A1 (I have a scsi internal Zip in my A1200T, and Zip disk might be easier to transfer files than CD).

However, I can't seem to get the A1 to recognise the drive. I tried the ZIP dos driver that comes with OS 4.0, changed the device to a1parallel.device and the unit to 0, but I can't mount the device. In U-Boots prefs, the Parallel Port is set to EPP and address 0x378.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Go to top
Re: A1 & Parallel Zip
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Quote:

Yes ask for refund

Seriously Parallel Zip drives need a special driver that will be able to transfer SCSI commands to/from the parallel port there is currently none on AmigaOS 4. There used to be a hack under AOS3 (see Aminet) but it doubt it will work because it needed a special hardware adapter that used the joystick port of Classic Amigas...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@daveyw

Quote:

Thanks.

Get a USB one.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

Or an IDE one !

Avatar: Avro Vulcan - XH558 needs YOU !!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@daveyw

I found this on Aminet, apparently classic amiga's parallel port isn't enought to handle a zip drive, and this particular hack runs lines over from the joystick port. Not sure if an A1 would have similar leads, I believe you probably have a PS/2. I'm not sure if the pinout would have anything that could be run off of an Amiga mouse port, though. Or if the drivers themselves would even work under OS4. It might be possible to install the parallel port model on your 1200, and move the SCSI version to your A1, however.

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post