Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

joerg, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Keyboard extension + remote apps problem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi folks,

Just wondering:
did anyone manage to use remote gtk/gdk apps such as mozilla/seamonkey/firefox on AmiCygnix display (running the app on Linux or Unix and displaying its window on Amiga) with keboard extension active (means stock configuration, no "-kb" switch being added manually to the launch script).

Afaik, there's one case besides mine where "-kb" is a must.
If this occurs for everyone, then keyboard extension is to be inversitigated, otherwise the problematic cases should be investigated.

Thanks
Jack

Edited by Jack on 2009/1/19 19:50:29
Edited by Jack on 2009/1/19 21:15:22
Go to top
Re: Keyboard extension + remote apps problem
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Jack

I an not sure to understand what you mean, but I have problems with keyboard management under cygnix. I am unable to type composed characters like ? or ?, every time where you have to type a "dead" key and then a normal key.

Go to top
Re: Keyboard extension + remote apps problem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

What I meant is to login into networked linux box as follows:
with "ssh -X"

or

other mean while on the remote side setting "export DISPLAY=amiga_one_ip_address:0" or "setenv DISPLAY amiga_one_ip_address:0" (according to the type of shell used on the remote side) and "xhost + remote_ip" on amiga_one's side.

The every X11 app launched from that shell will try to open it's window on AmiCygnix display.
Whith stock launch script of AmiCygnix I found it impossible to launch several applications such as grip, seamonkey.
Adding "-kb" to the line that launches xgeekppc solved the inability to display the above mentioned applications, but disabled keyboard extension (thus rendering keyboard layout swithcing in AmiCygnix impossible)

Jack

Go to top

Register To Post