Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 75

billyfish, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cloud Computing; For the Birds? YES!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've been using the interface (written in Java?) with Yahoo for email for a while now, and let me tell you, the amount of times that I've experienced down time with it is astonishing!

They certainly don't owe me anything as I give them no money, and rarely ever click on their ads, but the point is, that people are are being expected to rely on this, well let me tell you, forget it!

Even if I wanted to just use Amigans.Net for message passing, it's way more reliable, as I've almost never come here and it wasn't up since it began almost 2 years ago.

For instance, a day ago I wanted to read through my email on Yahoo, and I click on the various mail, nothing, no comment, just won't come up. Then there's a way to open a separate tab for any email you choose. I opened 3 tabs, and for 15 minutes every tab opened simply had the comment "loading". I signed out not being able to check my email. I check email very sporadically. Sometimes twice a day, but usually every 5 to 12 days. And I would say that 25% of the time this is what happens.... NOT a good track record.

And they seriously think that you are going to keep all your records and pictures, etc. "out there over the rainbow"? HAH!

Buy 4 CF cards, a few DVD +-Rs, store in several places and be done with it!

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Cloud Computing; For the Birds? YES!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Atheist

I'm big fan of simple client with proper imap support. If AOS4 had a native pine, it would be great, but now I have very good solution:
sylpheed under cygnix, courtesy of Edgar.
2 imap accounts + 2 gmail addresses over imap.
Both gmails forward to one of the imaps (the default inbox) and leave copy for themselves.
When I reply on the forwarded from gmail messages, the client is smart enough to send it from the appropriate gmail account.
Pity simplemail isn't there imap-support-wise....

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post