Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

scandoubler + monitor probs (fixed!)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hello all. I just got a 1200 with an internal scandoubler installed in it. (Not sure what kind, though) I also have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro monitor that I've been trying to use a super-72 driver on. (I want an 800x600 res. workbench) I've tried the alternative super-72 drivers on Aminet, and endlessly tinkered with moned. The most stable I can get the thing is this. Anybody have similar probs with this sort of thing? Thanks for any help.

Edited by kvasir on 2008/1/31 8:52:38
Resized Image
Go to top
Re: scandoubler + monitor probs
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I fixed the problem! Turns out the scandoubler does ignore AGA screenmodes like super72, it was just passing them through to a monitor that can't use them. Though I found some files on Aminet that helped, super72new.lha had an SVGA super72 driver that worked. Originally, it made the "wrong scan rate, please adjust, as if you could see the friggin screen to do that" message (built into the monitor), so I used another proggy, MonEd3a.lha, which resulted in 3 hours reminiscant of tuning a uhf station accross the state with an old knob tuner TV set during a thunderstorm, I finally managed to lock in a screen that was @ 791x600 resolution. The 12" 1942 can go up to 800x600, but for 9 pixels lost, I don't have to squint to read my e-mail. (Or use a font thats so big it defeats the purpose of such a resolution) The 20" is nice and crisp, too. Only problem is with alot of 320x200 games, the pixels are square and bigger than some tetris clones I've played. Anyway, heres the settings I used in Moned, in case somebody else comes accross this particular problem.
Resized Image

Resized Image
Go to top
Re: scandoubler + monitor probs
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kvasir
Be careful, MonEd can blow your monitor if you go beyond rates that the monitor can't handle.

Amiga - still alive & kickin'!
Go to top

Register To Post