Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
ffmpeg
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have downloaded ffmpeg and the GUI from OS4depot.
Everytime I try to convert something, the full path to where ffmpeg is installed is shown followed by the error
Object is not of required type.

I am using the OS4 generic version of ffmpeg.
Does the GUI by Denil support it?

Go to top
Re: ffmpeg
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
I have downloaded ffmpeg and the GUI from OS4depot.
Everytime I try to convert something, the full path to where ffmpeg is installed is shown followed by the error
Object is not of required type.

I am using the OS4 generic version of ffmpeg.
Does the GUI by Denil support it?

Hi, I'm the author of ffmpegGUI. I'm guessing your setting the tooltype to point to the ffmpeg program. Remove "ffmpeg" from the end of the path. The tooltype should point to the directory that ffmpeg is in but should not include the name of the program itself.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem but I was able to dupliate your problem here so it should.

Kevin

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

That wasn't the answer.
I was still getting the same error.
Looks like it wasn't happy with the location of the ffmpeg program. (In a folder called ffmpeg in settings)
Probably threw a wobbler because of the name of the folder.

All ok now.

Cheers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
@ktadd

That wasn't the answer.
I was still getting the same error.
Looks like it wasn't happy with the location of the ffmpeg program. (In a folder called ffmpeg in settings)
Probably threw a wobbler because of the name of the folder.

All ok now.

Glad to hear you found the problem. I'll look into it for the next version.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Very handy program by the way, very easy to use.
Cheers.

ffmpeg is very good but just too much messing around for casual use.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

TiredOfLife wrote:
@ktadd

Very handy program by the way, very easy to use.
Cheers.

ffmpeg is very good but just too much messing around for casual use.

Thanks! The idea behind ffmpegGUI is to try and make some of the power of ffmpeg available to he casual user. I know I didn't use it before I wrote the GUI. :)

Hppefully others find it useful as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I seem to be doing some thing stupid, I keep getting an error message.
Quote:
Command Executed:
"Media:ffmpeg/Generic_PPC/ffmpeg" -i "Movies:Seisan/YouTube - Karate Goju-Ryu - seisan.flv" -an -vcodec mpeg4 -b -sameq "Media:Youtube_Seisan.avi"

Media:ffmpeg/Generic_PPC/ffmpeg: Unknown command
===== DONE! =====

My tooltypes are: Quote:
CMD_PATH = Media:ffmpeg/Generic_PPC
SETTINGS_PATH = Settings
(STACKSIZE = 800000)
(DISABLE_AUDIO)
(START_OFFSET = <integer>)
(DURATION = <integer>)
(ADD_OPTS = <command string>)
(INFILE = <volume:>[path]/ [filename])
(OUTFILE = <volume:>[path] <filename.ext>)

and the file tree is Quote:

; Directory tree of "Media:"
; Created by Shrub ?Lee Kindness
; Creation date: Friday 11/01/2008 16:37

error messages (dir)
| ffmpegGUI tooltypes
| Unknown command 6.1.08
ffmpegGUI_v1.0 (dir)
| Settings (dir)
| | Cellphone_med_quality_GSM.ffmp
| | Cellphone_med_quality_CDMA.ffmp
| | Cellphone_low_qaulity_GSM.ffmp
| | Cellphone_low_qaulity_CDMA.ffmp
| | Cellphone_high_quality_GSM.ffmp
| | Cellphone_high_quality_CDMA.ffmp
| | Audio-->mp2.ffmp
| Readme_First!
| History.txt
| ffmpegGUI.guide
| ffmpegGUI
FFmpeg (dir)
| Generic_PPC (dir)
| | ffplay_ppc
| | ffmpeg_ppc
| README
| MAINTAINERS
| INSTALL
| CREDITS
| COPYING
| Changelog
| Altivec (dir)
| | ffplay_altivec
| | ffmpeg_altivec

Also the options only show flv to MP4 (no audio), is there anyway to get audio as well?

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@ktadd

I seem to be doing some thing stupid, I keep getting an error message.

Command Executed:
"Media:ffmpeg/Generic_PPC/ffmpeg" -i "Movies:Seisan/YouTube - Karate Goju-Ryu - seisan.flv" -an -vcodec mpeg4 -b -sameq "Media:Youtube_Seisan.avi"

Media:ffmpeg/Generic_PPC/ffmpeg: Unknown command
===== DONE! =====

From your directory listing is looks like the name of your ffmpeg executable is "ffmpeg_ppc". Rename it to ffmpeg.

Quote:

Also the options only show flv to MP4 (no audio), is there anyway to get audio as well?

I haven't done much with flash files so I don't have much experience with them but looking at the command issued it looks like you have audio disabled. "-an".
Try setting the audio codec to mp2 or mp3.[\quote]

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
From your directory listing is looks like the name of your ffmpeg executable is "ffmpeg_ppc". Rename it to ffmpeg.

This is exactly as extracted from the OS4Depot Archives, but I'll give it a whorl.

Quote:
I haven't done much with flash files so I don't have much experience with them but looking at the command issued it looks like you have audio disabled. "-an".

Again this is the default, straight from unarcing the ffmpegGUI archive from OS4Depot. I'll have a look and see what you mean.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

I have ffmpeg in C: & disabled the path in ffmpegGUI (CMD_PATH =), works for me.

In a shell, I change directory to where the input file is, then the command line is:

ffmpeg -i file.flv -sameq out.avi

This gives me a .avi file in the same directory as the input file.

In ffmpegGUI, set input & output file name & paths, leave video & audio at default & enter -sameq in the option box.

Both methods give me an avi file with audio.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sundown
Quote:

sundown wrote:
@Swoop
I have ffmpeg in C: & disabled the path in ffmpegGUI (CMD_PATH =), works for me.

Yes that works as well but as Swoop pointed out the default name for ffmpeg directly out of the archive is ffmpeg_pcc so it needs to be renamed ffmpeg as well. I downloaded ffmeg a while ago and forgetten I had renamed it to it's correct name. [/quote]
Quote:

In ffmpegGUI, set input & output file name & paths, leave video & audio at default & enter -sameq in the option box.

If you set the video bitrate setting in ffmpegGUI to "No Change" it will issue the -sameq command so there is no need to type it into the "additional commands" box. Check the gadget hint for the video bitrate setting. The -sameq option just keeps the same video bitrate as the original so I included it as a "No Change" option.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
If you set the video bitrate setting in ffmpegGUI to "No Change" it will issue the -sameq command so there is no need to type it into the "additional commands" box.

Nice to know, thanks.

I'm pretty sure I grabbed ffmpeg off the MPlayer site instead of OS4 Depot, I don't recall having to rename it, maybe you did as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

I see where the "-an" switch comes from but all I selected was under the select setup dropdown menu and that was [quote]Movie->Mpeg4 (no audio)
Are there set up's that include audio?
Do I have to create my own?
and if so, is this getting complicated?

I'll try the mp2/3 audio codec, and report back.
Also the quality of the resulting Mpeg4 file is lower than the flv file when played with mplayer.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

OK, I found the following on the ffmpeg docs:
Quote:
1.17 How do I encode videos which play on the iPod?

`needed stuff'
-acodec libfaac -vcodec mpeg4 width<=320 height<=240
`working stuff'
4mv, title
`non-working stuff'
B-frames
`example command line'
ffmpeg -i input -acodec libfaac -ab 128kb -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1200kb -mbd 2 -flags +4mv+trell -aic 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -s 320x180 -title X output.mp4

I cut and pasted the above, and renamed my input file to input.flv, because the command line couldn't handle the spaces in the file name, and I get the following error message
Quote:
Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 25.00 (25/1)
Input #0, flv, from 'Media:input.flv':
Duration: 00:01:35.6, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 22050 Hz, mono
Stream #0.1: Video: flv, yuv420p, 320x240, 25.00 fps(r)
Unknown codec 'libfaac'
1.17 How do I encode videos which play on the iPod?

I cannot find anything about libfaac on OS4Depot, or Aminet.

Looking on google I found this http://www.blastwave.org/packages/libfaac site which states that mplayer is dependant on this. It is an audio codec, so I assume it is available for OS4 somewhere, but where?

Does anyone know how to tweak the above command line to make it work sucessfully.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Hi Kevin, just to ressurect an old thread.
I know I am jumping the gun, as the files have only just been uploaded to OS4Depot, but my wish has been granted, thanks to Fredrik. libFAAC, and FAAC have been ported.
Could you possibly add these options in to ffmpegGUI, or at least add it to your todo list. Thanks in advance.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Swoop wrote:

Quote:

Hi Kevin, just to ressurect an old thread.
I know I am jumping the gun, as the files have only just been uploaded to OS4Depot, but my wish has been granted, thanks to Fredrik. libFAAC, and FAAC have been ported.
Could you possibly add these options in to ffmpegGUI, or at least add it to your todo list. Thanks in advance.

I'd be happy to add this support to ffmpegGUI but first someone, Andrea?, needs to create a new build of ffmpeg to include this library so it supports this format. Then I can easily update ffmpegGUI to support the new format.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
I'd be happy to add this support to ffmpegGUI but first someone, Andrea?, needs to create a new build of ffmpeg to include this library so it supports this format. Then I can easily update ffmpegGUI to support the new format.

Sorry, I didn't realise that. I thought it would just be a case of installing FAAC, or LibFAAC, and hey presto.
Let's hope somebody has time to create a new version of ffmpeg.
Thanks anyway.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
bump

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

I think I mentioned this before, closing the gui shell window would cause a hard lockup of my system at times & sometimes in the middle of doing a large conversion. Seems it doesn't work right if you use Kingcon like I do. I went back to the standard shell & the problem is gone so far after a night of testing. Not sure if you can re-work the shell output window to fix this, that or I'm setting up Kingcon wrong, but this is the first problem I've had with it.

Thanks for ffmpeggui

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

sundown wrote:
@ktadd

I think I mentioned this before, closing the gui shell window would cause a hard lockup of my system at times & sometimes in the middle of doing a large conversion. Seems it doesn't work right if you use Kingcon like I do.

I remember you mentioning this before and I could not duplicate the problem. I didn't realize you were using Kingcon as I am using the standard shell so that explains why I couldn't duplicate it. I thought I had gotten back to you about not being able to duplicate it. Sorry if I didn't.

I suspect this is a problem with Kingcon. Does it crash if you do a CTRL-C first to stop ffmpeg, then kill the shell window?

I could probably change the code to force using the standard shell but then you would loose the scroll bars that Kingcon supplies. Is that better or worse?

I'll put it on the list to look in to for a future release.

Quote:
Thanks for ffmpeggui

Thanks for the input. Glad to see someone is using it.
Sometimes I wonder.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »