Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 141

Rob, rjd324, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Best / most stable version of euae for os4?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A friend recently acquired a microA1 / os4 - his first major system upgrade in years.

I suggested euae to get around compatibility issues he's having (some of which are pretty odd). He's got WIP4 at the moment but I gather it's not the most stable version. Which version is recommended?

btw It's very encouraging to see the euae developer on these forums!

Go to top
Re: Best / most stable version of euae for os4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@peroxidechicken

Can you explain what type problems your friend has?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I don't recall which image manipulation program it was but it crashes the system when it runs out of video memory (due to opening large tiff images). After reboot the same program becomes even less stable. If it's deleted and reinstalled / copied then stability improves until the next video memory shortage. There were a number of other problematic programs but...

What I'm more interested in is a stable, reliable version of euae for OS4 - I'd rather not work my way through each version I find by trial and error.

On the topic of stability / weird program behaviour, is transrom known to fail on an a4000?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@peroxidechicken

Well you only have 2 MB of chip ram on emulated Amiga, the .uaerc configuration file can be bit odd,

For chip memory the memory is defined as
512 kb is value 1, 1 Mb is value 2, 1.5 Mb is value 3, 2 MB is value 4.

UAE is hardware emulator, so you?re restricted to what physical definitions of real Amiga.

Note: if just need paint program then download TVPaint from Aminet it works fine under OS4,

PPaint also works under OS4, but it requires some hacking in side the config files to get working correctly.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2007/9/18 18:37:58
Edited by LiveForIt on 2007/9/18 18:38:33
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @peroxidechicken

WIp2 is my favorite for the A1-XE. Please post a configuration list called ".euaerc". Most people don't bother with this important script. Most of the stability problems come from the programs, not from Euae.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

We have a winner! Thankyou Snuffy, now I'll just have to see if I can locate that version... And thanks for your advice regarding careful config settings.

The video memory problem is within OS4 / image app running directly in OS4. If I had been describing weird euae behaviour and the problem was too little chip ram, wouldn't the solution be Picasso?

Go to top

Register To Post