Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

pjs, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amicygnix Tutorial questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
You can copy your .Xauthority file from the Linux host and that should allow to use the same magic cookie but you need to do that every time you restart your host as it's generated when you log in to Linux.

I did not check this but I think again you have two choices:

USe the same magic cookie on host and guest so to do that copy .Xauthority from Linux to AmiCygnix

Or add AmiCygnix's cookie on Linux to be used when you connect to localhost:10 so you would have two cookies in authlist, one for :0 that comes from .Xauthority in host and one for :10 that comes from AmiCygnix.

Maybe just copying the host file and use that also on guest is simpler.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton
I'll try later
and thanks you are very kind.

I have the command to do it written in some test file that I did and it worked.
But I had never done the hostfwd so it didn't work even if the file was copied.

I'm guessing the sshd_config file is fine if you've had a look.
Thank you.

There is "Xquartz" if anyone wants to try on "MAC computers" just to see if there is any difference.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@balaton
There is "Xquartz" if anyone wants to try on "MAC computers" just to see if there is any difference.

I have followed this thread somewhat they already had massive problems with the setup, so I do not even want to try

Since YouTube videos play fine under AmigaOs4.1, I don't need this solution either.

But if you should be bored this would also be interesting:

https://ko-fi.com/post/Browservice-and-Odyssey-V7V7MV8LP

Maybe you want to try this.

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro

You are right
browservice
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112498

I already use it with WinUAE
I also modified it a bit and it works with 3.xx just fine.
strangely no one uses it but it only works with OWB 68k and you can see 100% PNG videos without slowdowns on YouTube with 3.xx

Of course I also tried it on linux it's qemu
the Windows version is much faster.

But as you said, the videos can now be seen perfectly with qemu.

I like to experiment.

I don't want to go OT but I had read that the sm501.c
the Android version supports 32bit at a resolution of 1024x1024.
I had found some information on github.

I don't know now what it was based on.
But I avoided reporting it because there are already many things to do for @balaton

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@Maijestro
I don't want to go OT but I had read that the sm501.c
the Android version supports 32bit at a resolution of 1024x1024.
I had found some information on github.

I don't know now what it was based on.
But I avoided reporting it because there are already many things to do for @balaton

Can you give more information about this please?

I do not understand what you mean by Android in connection with sm501.c.Maybe it could be interesting.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
The sm501 also supports 32bit with MorphOS but looks like it's a problem in AmigaOS graphics library that can't handle the pixel format the sm501 needs so it's a limitation of the AmigaOS driver not the sm501 or irs emulation in QEMU which works but AmigaOS cannot use it. So I can't do anything about that, this driver is the same on real hardware. We'd either need to emulate a different card or write AmigaOS driver for a card already emulated as I've deiscussed on the AmigaGfx page on my qmiga devel pages. But neither of these is somethng we can do in a short time so it may take a while unless somebody takes up the task of trying to write a display driver for a simple QEMU gfx card.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton
Yes I had read,
I am very happy with the current qemu emulation.
before I made many more videos to show what was possible for example with WinUAE now I could also do it with qemu.

But I go through bad times and I don't really want to make videos

But thanks to your work with qemu
And to Maijestro for "sm501"
It's really fun to use "AmigaOS"

Of course it's normal to always want something more

Thank you.

@Maijestro
I'll post the link as soon as I find it

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balatonQuote:
balaton wrote:@white
The sm501 also supports 32bit with MorphOS but looks like it's a problem in AmigaOS graphics library that can't handle the pixel format the sm501 needs so it's a limitation of the AmigaOS driver not the sm501 or irs emulation in QEMU which works but AmigaOS cannot use it. So I can't do anything about that, this driver is the same on real hardware. We'd either need to emulate a different card or write AmigaOS driver for a card already emulated as I've deiscussed on the AmigaGfx page on my qmiga devel pages. But neither of these is somethng we can do in a short time so it may take a while unless somebody takes up the task of trying to write a display driver for a simple QEMU gfx card.

We already had this topic, there are really many talented developers for AmigaOs4.1, but the only one who could do it would be @Hans or yourself.

Since you already have enough to do it will take a long time until we can use 32 bit windows. We have seen how hard it is to pass graphics cards under Qemu alone, which so far works only moderately or not at all. But still a start to understand things a little better.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@whiteQuote:
white wrote:@balaton
But thanks to your work with qemu
And to Maijestro for "sm501"
It's really fun to use "AmigaOS"

Thank you my friend, this all came from the fact that I can also be very stubborn when I have set something in my head.

You are similar to me and I was always glad that I could share things with WinUae and now Qemu with you.

I currently use AmigaOs4.1 as my 2 system on my MacStudio as it works great except for a few limitations that still exist. Without @Balaton this would not have been possible when I started testing the Qemu emulation and as mentioned before, everything would have been possible 2 years ago but no one wanted to test it.

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/7/8 21:07:07
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

the transfer of the MAGIC-COOKIE
seems to have happened successfully

LINUX SIDE:
xauth list

or

xauth list $DISPLAY

kali/unix:10 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 <KEY>

AMICYGNIX SHELL SIDE (not SSHTerm):

xauth add :10 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 <KEY>

file saved in:
AmiCygnix/Home/root/.Xauthority <<--- the date and time correspond to the created file

EXPORT DISPLAY:10 does not seem to work at the moment

but I have to reset the keys in linux because I created some for testing and so there is more than one.

Although the one with :10 should be right

It seems to me a basis from which to proceed
I hope to be helped again.

Thank you.

I'll leave the link even if it's a bit old in case it can help:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questio ... rward-x-applications-to-y

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
I think on the AmiCygnix side you have to add the key for :0 not :10. Even though you access it as :10 on the Linux side that's because we forward port 6010 to guest port 6000 so on the host it's display :10 but it's really display :0 for AmiCygnix.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

qemu-system-ppc -cpu g3 -L pc-bios -M pegasos2 -bios /home/white/Scaricati/pegasos2.rom -m 1024 -serial stdio -device sm501 -drive if=none,id=hd,file=/home/white/Scaricati/32gb.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd,bus=ide.1 -netdev user,id=mynet0,hostfwd=tcp::6010-:6000 -device rtl8139,netdev=mynet0 -vga none -drive if=none,id=hd1,file=/home/white/Scaricati/coffin.raw,format=raw -device ide-hd,drive=hd1,bus=ide.1

just a little note
to also have a reference later

I deleted all KEYS
Therefore
I have a single KEY
regularly broadcast

here Linux SIDE:

netstat -tp

tcp 0 0 kali.:ssh ESTABLISHED qemu-system-ppc
tcp 0 1 kali.10.0.2.15:x11 SYN_SENT firefox-esr
tcp 0 1 kali.10.0.2.15:6010 SYN_SENT firefox-esr

I set the DISPLAY:0 in AmiCygnix

It still doesn't work but I'm trying to piece things together.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
I won't reply to this any more. I've tried to explain this to you very extensively and I believe I've told you everything multiple times but I just can't get the information through so maybe somebody who got what I said and can translate to Italian could help you further with this.

Just as a last attempt: DISPLAY=:0 means the local display where the app is running so when you want it to appear on a remote display then can't use DISPLAY=:0, must use DISPLAY=localhost:10 which is the step you always seem to be missing.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

I have respect for you.
For the work you are doing and also because you have always answered kindly.

There are currently problems with rtl8139.

I set the DISPLAY:0 in AmiCygnix
yes to setup AmiCygnix

with setenv SAVE DISPLAY=localhost:0
in the configuration file

it does not refer to the terminal shell once logged in.

it's clear that :
:0 opens the display in Linux
While
export DISPLAY=10.0.2.15:0.0 etc.
opens the display on AmiCygnix.

So it doesn't matter if it doesn't work.

When someone makes it work then it will mean that I'm wrong.

indeed this topic is a monologue
so I will continue to find other solutions without reporting my evidence again.

It would be appropriate as I have already written
that the author of amicygnix would like to try it if he feels like it.

And thanks again for your work.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@white
Quote:

with setenv SAVE DISPLAY=localhost:0
in the configuration file

it does not refer to the terminal shell once logged in.

it's clear that :
:0 opens the display in Linux
While
export DISPLAY=10.0.2.15:0.0 etc.
opens the display on AmiCygnix.

So it doesn't matter if it doesn't work.

Of course you have to set DISPLAY in the remote shell not the local one. Normally DISPLAY is set to :0 and things just work if you start apps locally, If you ssh to your Linux host and want firefox running there to open window on AmiCygnix then you have to set DISPLAY accordingly in that shell where you start firefox. But you can't access 10.0.2.15 from there as that's behind the -netdrev user firewall/NAT so you do the same as you'd do in a router and port forward the 10.0.2.15:6000 port to localhost:6010 on your host with the hostfwd option. Therefore you have to connect there from the display variable which is DISPLAY=localhost:10. I don't know what's so hard to get on this, I think everybody reading this already understands and you did try everything except this one which should work. So just try what I'm sathing:
use -netdev user,id=mynet0,hostfwd=tcp::6010-:6000 then in the ssh shell before starting firefox do export DISPLAY=localhost:10. If you get problems with authentication either disable that in AmiCygnix or copy the MIT key from Linux to AmiCygnix and add it to both display :10 and display :0 and one of those should work. If it does not work with :10 try port 6009 and DISPLAY=localhost:9 as :10 may clash with ssh X forwarding but if you have that it should just work without any of the above.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@balaton

Thanks for the reply.

in this way it would help you to understand also why the connection is sometimes lost with RTL8139

I'm waiting for someone more experienced than me to get it working.
I'll wait for the instructions, no problem.

At the moment it doesn't work for me.

The problem is just the NAT

Don't think about me, carry on qemu is more important.
Amicygnix is just a pastime

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)