Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 72

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Movie Players
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
I for now run about 10, just some #OOPS#-ones, with bad quality and 320x240, and they all works at one time :)

That all about raw-cpu power.. I assume on x1000 you can handle few videos at time with cgx_wpa , with normal quality.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So what is needed to get 5-10 videos running well, maybe supported by the graphics card, and in high resolutions?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy Quote:
So what is needed to get 5-10 videos running well, maybe supported by the graphics card, and in high resolutions?

More CPU power?? PCI-Express (not PCI) graphics card?? BTW, why on earth do you want more than one video running simultaneously, let alone 5-10?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
So more CPU power like 460ex? X1000?

It's a good showcase for the OS, when I ran two-three films at the same time last night I was impressed! And it's useful when editing, it could be used for multiple security cameras for example etc..etc...

But mostly it was for showing off

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
I've never tried, but I think trying to run more than one video on a Sam440 is being a bit optimistic. The Sam460 (with a RadeonHD card) should definitely perform better, but of course an X1000 would be best (as seen here).

P.S. As mentioned in the above video, there are apparently further optimisations to be made to the RadeonHD drivers, so things should can only improve with time.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can play a AVI file from harddisk with Mplayer and a dvd with DVplayer at the same time, but only get sound from the first one started.

Not bad for a 440ep.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mechanic Quote:
but only get sound from the first one started.

I guess that both of them must be using AHI in "exclusive" mode, so only the first one gets sound.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
We need a player that use the graphic card as on PC, not only the CPU also the GPU.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)