Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Can't you "just hack" our Qt port adding manually this type of function for all that apps/windows that do this automatic alignment ?

Eventually i can try to open a request for you on the Hyperion forum ...

Btw if i understand correctly you fixed many things already, so any news about the new release to test ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Setting an absolute size in all Qt apps would be very, very bad. First of all it would completely violate the api, second of all it would overrule things like the saving of mainwindow states. Third, it would mean, ehm, doing it for all the apps, which is, by all standards, a lot of work. So no :)

Probably the best solution is to do what LiveForIt and others have suggested, namely wait for an IDCMP event before showing the window.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Is there a file missing in the latest archive?

Quote:

In file included from /qt/include/QtGui/qapplication.h:46,
from /qt/include/QtGui/QApplication:1,
from main.cpp:21:
/qt/include/QtGui/qwindowdefs.h:140:33: error: qamigadefines_amiga.h: No such file or directory

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Yes, sorry :). It is pretty redundant, so I will see if I can remove it altogether from reality.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
I am looking for beta testers for the new Qt4.7 version (including webkit support) and a bunch of other software. Who's in? :)

If you're still after beta testers, count me in!

cheers

billy

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

New Beta 4 is finally availible for test !

Just installed and tested a few demos (expecially the browser) and after a very quick test the stability seems improved a lot !

Of course still some issues here and there but any new release is an awesome step forward for a perfect implementation

As i said for now i tested the browser mostly (best interesting demo imho)

My current minus in this Beta 4 version are:

1 - Tooltips doesn't seems to work anymore (?), if i move my mouse over an item i got nothing

2 - The various tabs in browser preferences need to be clicked twice, the same issue we had in Beta 3 and prior versions --> this specific problem doesn't seems fixed yet

3 - Again In browser If you try to right click over a clickable link, the context menu will be opened in a wrong place, not "attached" just below the mouse pointer but several pixels below of it .. this should be fixed aswell because the effect it's a bit annoying as is

4 - Download functionality on this browser doesn't work aswell, the download window will be opened but the files can't be downloaded

Even in this Beta 4 still of course some of the old issues we talked many time in our old discussions, aka the usual auto-align "crap" some minor glitches during resizing etc .. but all that problems are well known

Conversely the general stability is now a LOT better, i was able to navigate with several tabs opened and i didn't have any type of crash for now, i also apprecied a lot the new iconification functionality (finally !!) even if it was not included in all demos i tried

Still also many new options to test in QtPrefs, i presume we should dedicate some time to test all new things

As usual a great work from Alfkil !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billyfish

Check your PM ;)

@samo79

Yes, I forgot to implement the fix for auto-align "crap", I will do that for the actual release. Tooltips must have been lost because I changed something in the QWidget::show() stuff, will take a look. About the doubleclicking of tags, I thought that I fixed that problem, but apparently an additional fix has destroyed my first fix... Downloading in the browser does not work on other platforms as well (tested on MacOS X with Qt 4.7). About context menus showing up in the wrong place, I will check, I think I may have changed something in the mouse clicking code that gives the wrong coordinates for the event. Stay tuned... ;) And thanks for testing!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Tooltips problem fixed. Tab double clicking I cannot fix, because it conflics with another problem, sorry. (The other problem is, that I need to "swallow" the button release event for the second click, otherwise file requesters will crash on doubleclicking an item). Context menu problem I need to look at.

EDIT: Context menu problem fixed :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfkil, lovely! Is that faulty header also fixed so that we can compile stuff again?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
Yes, I forgot to implement the fix for auto-align "crap", I will do that for the actual release.

Yaaayy, i'm really looking forward for that !

Quote:
Tab double clicking I cannot fix, because it conflics with another problem

Mmm I'm not sure to have understand you at 100%, in reality tabs should be always selected with 1 click only (not 2)

I'm testing the tabs mechanism right now and what i can note is a very strange behaviour, first time i open a window (one that contain tabs for separate the various contents) the first tab i'm going to select will be opened normally with a single click, but the second tab need atleast 2 clicks and so on ..

I don't understand if it was that what you mean when you say "i can't fix it"

Quote:
ownloading in the browser does not work on other platforms as well (tested on MacOS X with Qt 4.7).

Ok no problem then
Just a curiosity about the browser, what about all that Error 54 that will be printed in output ?

Not so important but they are a bit annoying

Quote:
Tooltips problem fixed.
Context menu problem fixed :)

Excellent, you are very fast, thanks a lot !

Aniway during testing I found another little bug. here how to reproduce it:
Try to iconify an "About Qt" window and then deiconify it

Once the "About Qt" window will be reopen on screen it will disappear completely aswell !

Hunting bugs continue

A huge thanks as usual !

Edited by samo79 on 2013/6/29 0:40:38
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Please can you remove al the .svn directories when you do the release

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Tab double clicking I cannot fix, because it conflics with another problem

Mmm I'm not sure to have understand you at 100%, in reality tabs should be always selected with 1 click only (not 2)

Try this: Open some app with tabs (like assistant). Click on one tab, wait for a few seconds and click the next one. This should work as expected. The problem is, if you click so fast, that the second click is interpreted as a double click, the code will swallow the MouseButtonRelease event for the second click.

Quote:
Just a curiosity about the browser, what about all that Error 54 that will be printed in output ?

I have no idea why this happens and where in the code it comes from. Not first priority, sorry :)

Quote:
Aniway during testing I found another little bug. here how to reproduce it:
Try to iconify an "About Qt" window and then deiconify it

Once the "About Qt" window will be reopen on screen it will disappear completely aswell !

As I wrote in the email, I have been pretty lazy with the iconify code, and thus it is never recommended to iconify anything else than the main widget.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

I think I may have actually included the missing header.

@Chris

I know about the problem, but as always I am a bit lazy about fixing it. Problem is, the make install command for some units doesn't distinguish between "real" and bogus files. And as I use make install to create the release archive, I would have to manually remove these files every time I create a new archive. Which is annoying. I'll see what I can do though.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

If you LhA it you can do something like this:

lha d qt.lha #?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/#?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/#?/#?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/#?/#?/#?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/#?/#?/#?/#?/.svn
lha d qt.lha #?/#?/#?/#?/#?/#?/#?/.svn

Not sure you can do the same with tar unfortunately.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
I think I may have actually included the missing header.

Yes, you have. I just checked.

However, I'm now getting this wierdness:

Quote:

(cd /src/tools/moc && gmake)
T:gmake.sh.221.PKVRDZ[1]: cd: /src/tools/moc - Device not configured
gmake: *** [moc] Error 1

I can fix it by commenting out the cd line here:
Quote:

moc:
(cd $(QTDIR)/src/tools/moc && $(MAKE))

Any ideas why that is being added if it isn't needed?

Also there's something wrong with the linker lines qmake is creating in the makefile - SUBLBS doesn't exists, so it isn't linking to fontconfig, freetype, etc.

I'm just trying to recompile ExtremeImageConverter, so it isn't anything particulary complicated and it built OK with the old Qt release.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
A-ha! I've managed to fix up my old Qt DataTypes imageformat converter so it now works with QtWebKit.

What I suspect is happening, is QtWebKit is checking that the imageformat plugin can read files, but not checking for the "streaming read" capability (maybe that doesn't exist in 4.7, I saw reference to it but didn't check the version).

Anyway, what I've done is filtered out the common filetypes that Qt natively supports, so it no longer tries to use DataTypes to read them. Other formats still work through DataTypes.

I'm considering making the blacklist configurable, but C++ and Qt confuse me, so I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
Try this: Open some app with tabs (like assistant). Click on one tab, wait for a few seconds and click the next one. This should work as expected. The problem is, if you click so fast, that the second click is interpreted as a double click, the code will swallow the MouseButtonRelease event for the second click.

Yep confirmed, now that i can use the Qt-Browser more and more i noted the same issue also on the browser tabs .. however in this case the problem is not irrilevant (compared to the glitch we had in a normal Prefs window) because during browsing you will switch the tabs a lot !

I hope you can found a why to fix it

Quote:
As I wrote in the email, I have been pretty lazy with the iconify code, and thus it is never recommended to iconify anything else than the main widget.

Argg you can't become so lazy once the framework are become so awesome

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
If anybody wants to have a play:

Qt DataTypes imageformat plugin
Extreme Image Converter (just a recompile of the old version, but useful to test the above)
Hotot (Twitter client)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Btw, if you use cross-compile for build qt, then easy way to remove all .svn files for release version will be just 1 line:

Quote:

find ./ -name ".svn" -exec rm -rf {} \;

Dunno if our native port of find will works like this, but on unix kind cross-compilers it will works for sure.

I also test new db101 (which you upload few days ago on os4depot), that error about which i told you in mail before are gone. Found through some minor-eye-candy moment: when you iconify db101, it iconify with some default icon, but not with db101 icon.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Awesome! :) Now we can load web pages with .iff files, muahaha! 8-D

I just released 0.9.0, so your fix will be in the upcomming 0.9.1, i guess.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 40 »