Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

rwo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4Depot Search Function?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi guys,
Is there something wrong with the search function on OS4Depot? It could also be something wrong with me, but I can't see what I'm doing wrong...

I went to OS4Depot.net and searched for AmiCygnix. I got a few results for Qt source, Gimp stuff and the SDK, but the actual base installation and core applications did not show up. Since I couldn't remember what directory they were in, I ended up having to google it to find that they are in Net/misc. Surely it should be easier than that??

Go to top
Re: OS4Depot Search Function?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

You can use the sql search from the search menu,
this find more.

Tears

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TearsOfMe

Quote:

TearsOfMe wrote:
You can use the sql search from the search menu,
this find more.

Maybe, but that doesn't really cut it. A simple, one-word query from the standard search box should return the results that match that word. It's simple. I wouldn't bother with any advanced search if the simple search doesn't work.

I mean, it's quite a big issue IMHO when something like AmiCygnix can't be found because a) it's not in an intuitive directory, and b) the search function can't find it, even though the string "amicygnix" is found in the filename *and* the short description, the two fields the simple search supposedly looks at.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Try extending the search result to 50 files instead of 20.

User error

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Haha, mea culpa :) Sorry about that! It didn't look like 20 results in the original search. Thanks Orgin!

*hangs head in shame*

Go to top

Register To Post