Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problems installing OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

If I boot from the cd I get the insert floppy disk animation after a while. What I did before starting it is delete all partitions. Could it be that it happens because if this? Or is it my old cd drive? Before I get the animation I quickly see the OS4.1 picture.

Cheers,
Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top
Re: Problems installing OS4.1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Are you sure AOS4 is loading kickstart from CD?
If you use OS4 CD it should show you the Workbench and then install/welcome window to partition/format/install to your HDD.
Maybe you can check the uboot vars.
Or system is loading from other (hidden) partition/volume in your HDD.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If you do warm reboot after you have formatted your hard drive, the kernel will be in memory when you warm reboot, the RDB and SLB_V2 will remain on disk, and kernel modules might be loaded from any media on a cold boot, only when is replace the boot sector whit MBR or wipe it will be lost, it does not matter, if you end up on empty portion when trying to boot from CD, then you have set boot priority wrong one of your partitions, you can select boot media by pressing Scroll Lock or right and left mouse buttons to enter the old kickstart boot menu.

You can also set the boot device in UBOOT, before typing boota.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jabirulo/LiveForIt

It was the optical drive. I also got some issues at one point when I booted from the optical drive so I swapped it with the one from my wife's computer and that worked just fine. I just finished the installation and sadly I have to get some sleep since I have to get up early for work. At least I am going to have a great weekend.

Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top

Register To Post