Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 113

VooDoo, trixie, saimo, Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Qt unimplemented features
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've started this thread as a log of things which aren't implemented in Qt, as I come across them. Hopefully this will save wasting time trying to port things that depend on them. It might also serve as a list of things for Alfkil prioritise when working on Qt.

QKeySequence
QtScript
QDeclarativeItem (QML)
QtWebKit

Stubs:
QSound
QFileSystemWatcher

Qt Clipboard does not share the OS global clipboard.

Probably unimportant/not implementable (see next post):
QT SESSIONMANAGER (from QtApplication)
QSystemTrayIcon

Edited by Chris on 2011/11/20 11:23:23
Edited by Chris on 2011/11/20 20:43:33
Edited by Chris on 2011/11/20 20:46:59
Edited by Chris on 2011/11/20 21:30:27
Edited by Chris on 2011/11/21 17:55:36
Go to top
Re: Qt unimplemented features
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Known workarounds:

QtSystemTrayIcon is easily hacked out by encasing all references with #ifndef QT_NO_SYSTEMTRAYICON (there sems to be a lot of lazy programmers who assume all OS have system tray areas, I suppose our equivalent would be AmiDock and an Application docky)

The SESSIONMANAGER stuff wasn't being used directly in the code I was porting, reading the documentation commitData (and something else I've now forgotten) should be subclassed by the application anyway. I added them as do-nothing functions and it was quite happy.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@chris

Thanks for keeping track, I tend to forget myself sometimes .

One thing to add is perhaps WekKit, since it is not really usable yet.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
i've installed the new SDK and i've compiled some stuff..

1) the fontconfig seems reloaded every time
2) when some programs exits they exits before closing MiniGL stuff and so the program never return to the shell
3) Could be possible to set the intial dir of the ASL to the Progdir: and not to QT:Home?
4) i've launched a program that load a file using /Filename and it asks for Filename: but i don't know if it depends from my program or from Qt (i think from my compiled program)

i'll crunch some other bytes.. :)

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@alfkil

Added.

ISTR something about localisation as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Qt doesn't use the global clipboard, so I'll stick that on the list too.

EDIT About the clipboard:
I can see an issue because all data on the clipboard needs to be IFF format. I suspect some Qt apps put data on the clipboard which might not be translatable to IFF. When it can't be translated it might be worth encapsulating the data in a custom IFF FORM. They might be a good first step anyway, so at least Qt apps can share the clipboard with each other.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@chris

...oh and QSound too, I've only done a stub to be able to compile some stuff, but really it should be relatively simple to add some AHI code.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

Thanks for taking the time to work with Qt, the more users/developers, the better!

1) The fontconfig loading every time problem is very weird, because on my system it doesn't happen at all. For this reason, I don't know what to do about it.

2) Programs exiting before MiniGL: Often this happens as a result of bad programming. See for instance this code:

int main(int argcchar *argv[])
{

QApplication app(argcargv);

QCustomWidget *widget = new QCustomWidget;

widget->show();
    return 
app.exec();
}

This code will hang, because the widget is never deleted, and there is nothing I can do about it from within Qt.

3) I could change the initial path of file requesters, don't know what is the standard way of doing stuff on amiga, since we have no default "Documents" path or the like.

4) Qt apps are compiled with "-lunix" which means, that "/path/file" is translated into "path:file". In your case, you should just use "../filename" instead of "/filename".

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@chris

And by the way, QFileSystemWatcher is a stub, so you can add that to the list also.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

alfkil wrote:
1) The fontconfig loading every time problem is very weird, because on my system it doesn't happen at all. For this reason, I don't know what to do about it.

It happens here too. I identified that the font cache is in fonts:fontconfig. I was going to try deleting it but haven't got around to it.

Quote:

3) I could change the initial path of file requesters, don't know what is the standard way of doing stuff on amiga, since we have no default "Documents" path or the like.

Maybe add a default location into the Qt prefs tool? Does Qt not have the facility to pass a particular path to the file requester?

Go to top

Register To Post