Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Can't log out from Amigans.net
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I can't log out from Amigans.net so I can log in with a different browser. My profile had "Store my user name in a cookie for 1 year" set as YES. I have changed it to NO several times and saved the profile but the next time I edit my profile it still says YES. I have logged out numerous times but when I close and reopen RA-OWB I am still logged in. When I try to log in with MUI-OWB after changing my profile (with RA-OWB) to not remember me for a year and log out, Amigans.net shows the welcome page for my login but when the main page is reloaded I'm not logged in. Something is wrong.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Re: Can't log out from Amigans.net
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Delete cookieCollection.db in both RA-OWB and MUI-OWB.
They store the log in information.

After that you should be able to log in with whatever browser you choose until you choose to set the log in cookie again

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
I deleted both cookie databases and I am now able to log out of Amigans.net with RA-OWB. I still can't log in with MUI-OWB. I just get the welcome screen after logging in but the home page returns showing that I am not logged in. I logged in with RA-OWB, checked my profile and see that the 1 year login setting is finally set to NO. I logged out with RA-OWB, rebooted, and attempted to log in with MUI-OWB again but the result was the same: I see the welcome page indicating that I have successfully logged in but get returned to the home page showing that I am not logged in. I can log in and out at will over at AmigaWorld.net with both RA-OWB and MUI-OWB so I don't think it's an MUI-OWB problem. I think somethings wrong at Amigans.net.
P.S. I had to log in with RA-OWB to post this message.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Could it be that you have both RA and MUI-OWB in the same root?
Do they share the same Resources/ subdir and as such the same cookieCollection.db?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Sounds like a browser issue. Moved to correct forum.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This problem reminds me of
"Another visitor. Stay awhile, stay FOREVER!"

Amiga - still alive & kickin'!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Both RA-OWB and MUI-OWB are on the same partition but are in seperate subdirectories and have seperate Cookie databases. I tried to log in this morning using MUI-OWB without accessing the Internet with RA-OWB and could not log in. Then I tried IBrowse and the result was the same; I see the welcome page after logging in but when the home page is loaded it doesn't show me logged in. However, I quit IBrowse and tried Netsurf and the login worked. I'm typing this message with Netsurf. Is it possible that Amigans.net is identifying browsers in some strange way? I'm going to log out with NetSurf, reboot and try IBrowse again.

EDIT: I logged out, rebooted and tried to log on with IBrowse but it failed as before; welcome page but home page doesn't show logged in. Then I tried MUI-OWB and it failed to log on too. Then I logged in with RA-OWB and it worked. I'm typing this edit with RA-OWB. I can understand that you would think that there may be some interaction between RA-OWB and MUI-OWB but why would IBrowse fail too??

Edited by xenic on 2011/10/31 13:41:44

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin
Quote:
Sounds like a browser issue. Moved to correct forum.

It certainly makes things easier when the problem is always at the other end of a communication link but I don't think that's the case because both IBrowse and MUI-OWB fail to log in to Amigans.net.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@xenic

Well, since this is the xoops site all xoops related problems should be reported here and not on Amigans.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm out of ideas, sorry

It sounds as if one (or both?) of your brothers would do something fishy while logging out...but what that might be and where to look i don't know...sorry

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
I can only guess that few (if any) have bothered to set the "Keep me logged in for 1 year" option in their account settings and then tried to turn it off. There are apparently some negative side effects of doing that. If the problem doesn't work itself out soon, I'll just abandon the account and open a new one.

Go to top

Register To Post