Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 56

redfox, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Timberwolf wont start/run?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Thank you very much although i ended up doing a full fresh install i now have all 3 partitions set to sfs/00 many thanks chrish. I did not do any backup as the data that was on there was not important so all i have to do now is get everything the way i want :) thanks to everyone who helped it is appreciated :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well i have installed quake 3 on my dh2:Games partition and it crashes/locks up on the menu screen does the same thing with the jxfs and when i change the filesytem to ffs i get a grey screen (ive waited a good 20mins)and does not go any further than that.?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Never use FFS. If you're having problems with Quake on SFS, it isn't going to be a fault of SFS. Make a new thread about it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I use SFS for everything without problem.

I think there is *one* program which has problems on SFS but not JXFS, but I think that is because it assumes quirks (non-standard behaviour) of JXFS.

OTOH there are quite a few programs that have problems with JXFS. I would stick with SFS... at least until JXFS is fixed (but sadly this probably won't happen, since the unusual behaviour of JXFS seems to be intentionally programmed by it's author. I have no idea why).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
since the unusual behaviour of JXFS seems to be intentionally programmed by it's author

???

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK
JXFS does several things different from every other Amiga filingsystem I know. I can't recall most of them (off the top of my head), but it seems to cause compatibility problems with some software, and user confusion in other cases. I am basing this on user reports, since I never tried JXFS myself.

But the author has either seemingly ignored requests to "fix" JXFS, or else said something along the lines that those differences make it better so it doesn't need changing. (That is of course his perogative.)

IMHO those differences should at least be *optional*. Well they are in the sense that we can choose to use SFS instead of JXFS, but that hardly seems the ideal solution when SFS needs replacing eventually

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)