Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Os3.9 boot problems on A1200
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've put an 8GB CF card into my A1200 (with 3.1 ROMS), booted up via the Emergency disk, used HD Tools to create 4 x 1.8GB partitions and formatted the first 2 partitions using FFS as System and Work respectively (the final 2 remain unformatted).

OS3.9 installed perfectly OK, however upon rebooting the A1200, the HD drive light flashes briefly but the "install a floppy disk" animation shows.

Booting from the emergency disk again shows both System and Work as valid hard disk partitions, so what is stopping the A1200 booting from them?

p.s. I have used a 4GB CF card OK in this A1200, but that came pre-installed with WB3.0.

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Re: Os3.9 boot problems on A1200
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tommo1975

And as soon as I put up this post I discovered the solution - forgot to select "Bootable" in HDTools for the System partition! doh!

<<makes a mental note to not try installing anything once 2 pints have been consumed>>

Sold up all my Amiga gear, not only an Amigan via Amiga Forever!
Go to top
Re: Os3.9 boot problems on A1200
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tommo1975

LOL

That's exactly what I was going to suggest!

I'm thinking of getting the same sort of set up etc... but I'm going to have to do it on a much larger scale... maybe 10 to start with...

and I raised the question a few days back regarding the possibility of using this hd solution with A590s with XT connections... I'm thinking... why shouldn't it work?

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post