Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

joerg, MigthyMax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Imperfect sound on xMAME 0.97
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi

I have OS4.1 update 1 installed and would like to know if someone could give some tips&tricks to get better results with Mame.The problem is that the sound stutters a lot and even when it is in general good without noise as I said it stutters or "jumps" a lot.I am using MAME 0.97 that was released aproximately when OS4 update#4 came out.

I like MAME very much is probably my favourite application.
And I have to say that when I press the F11 key during the emulation the framerate jumps from 76% to 83% or 100% a lot giving me the impression that this causes my sound problem.

I want to give a better performance for my MAME for wich in this version I have installed more than 2000 roms.

Is there a problem of the emulator or the operating system?

What can I do to give better sound and framerate stability to my MAME?

I refer to framerate stability as the frames not jumping constantly a lot as I said above on this post.

I know too that I have a lot of commodities and programs at the startup on my Workbench.Could this be the reason of my problem with MAME?

I don't have too much ideas about this but if someone could help me I would be very grateful.I want to comment that I want to show this emulator to some friends too.And last but not least I remember to have it running on update 4 with good sound or near it and with less problems than on OS4.1 update 1.

Any help will be really appreciated more than ever.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Imperfect sound on xMAME 0.97
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1
I have the same problems on my sam 800mhz

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post