Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiTunes Jukebox Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
AmiTunes - Jukebox edition has been updated to version 0.6. I've fixed a few niggly bugs which have been there since 0.5 and before (sorry about the delay!), and added its own software decoding engine so it doesn't rely on AmigaAmp for decoding on OS4 / WinUAE.

You can download it from Aminet here

It's still based on use on a low-end classic, but work is underway for a nicer GUI version for OS4... All comments and suggestions greatly appreciated!

Go to top
Re: AmiTunes Jukebox Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
just updated my website for AmiTunes, click here to have a look. Now includes separate download and screenshots sections in the (slightly) more logical layout.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daedalus

It's looking very nice - I can see that you are considering to add Ipod support if possible... That would be amazing!

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Skov

Thanks very much! Well, we'll see about iPod support - it's a long way off yet, and it depends on the availability of good documentation and/or source code related to the protocol. First though, I have to rewrite it for high-end Amigas with a proper GUI and all that stuff...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All,

Thanks to 1Mouse's patience and testing, I have realised that AmiTunes requires reqtools.library to be installed, and will promptly crash on startup if it's not. I sincere apologies for this, I had assumed reqtools.library was a standard part of AmigaOS.

Also, due to the library being used by an AmiBlitz library, I can't check for its existence on program startup.

Again, sorry about that! I'll update the documentation to reflect this!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

great work man! Is there a possibility to support more playback formats? wav, wma and ogg for example. Anyway, thumbs up! :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Vulture

Thanks very much :) At the moment, AmiTunes is only supporting MP3s due to it mainly being used with a MAS Player and MHI. However, the full-size version I'm working on will have a much better GUI and support for WAV, CDDA and so on, but will only be for powerful machines (i.e., high-end expanded classics, OS4 machines & UAE)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

personally speaking, high end is what I'm after anyway as I'm on PPCs and Peg2 :) Great to know that you have so nice plans for it!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Vulture

Yep, all in good time... Like I said, this edition is really for an embedded A1200 which happens to work well on higher machines.

So, can you confirm it works under MorphOS? Or are you using OS4.1?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daedalus

I can confirm it works fine under OS4.1u1 on my Peg2 and , of course , under 3.9bb2 on my A1200/060/PPC. I'll try it under Mos 2.4 on my peg2 and let you know if it's ok there too (I expect it to be).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Vulture

That would be much appreciated, thank you! I'll be able to put it in the documentation then...

Go to top

Register To Post