Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Auto DST settings
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ever since they added the timezone.library to OS4, my system time gets screwed up twice a year when DST begins & ends. This morning my system clock is 3 hours behind the actual time and YAM is complaining about DST settings. Apparently the library set the time back 2 hours instead of forward an hour. YAM has started complaining about DST setting but last fall when I let YAM change TZ settings instead of selecting ignaore, the system changed settings the next day. Does this autoDST thing work on other peoples system and if so what are your locale and timezone prefs settings. It was actually easier just to do it manually in my view and if I can't find the right settings I'm removing the timezone.library.

Go to top
Re: Auto DST settings
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic

Have you checked your settings are correct in Timezone prefs? Removing timezone.library won't help you (it'll probably just stop a number of apps from running at all, and I suspect the DST changes will still be made), if you want to disable it you can do so in Timezone prefs.

I suspect either it is set wrong there, or YAM is changing the clock as well as the OS (upgrade to v2.6 if you haven't already). There may even be some other software running which is changing the clock.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@xenic
Quote:
...if I can't find the right settings I'm removing the timezone.library.

Worked just fine here. Open the Timezone prefs and turn off the feature if you wish. I don't see why anything needs removing.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

in what hardware are you running os4? i mean, when ever i'm running debian or suse on pegasos
the clock always changing and i have to set it back to the correct local time when i boot to os4 or mos.

A3040/25 AmigaOS 3.2.2 | A1260BPPC AmigaOS 3.2.2/4.0
Sam440ep AmigaOS 4.1.FE | PegasosII/G3 AmigaOS 4.1.FE/MorphOS 3.17
MacMini1.5 MorphOS 3.17

Long Live Amiga
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ssolie
This time I didn't correct the time manually and today it is set correctly. The system seems to have corrected itself. Previously, I let YAM change it's setting before correcting the time manually. Then I changed the time manually and the system must have corrected itself the next day causing YAM to throw up the DST requester again. Maybe if I just ignore the time on the first day of transition and wait a day to set YAM everything will work out OK.

Go to top

Register To Post