Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 92

dfstudios, flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Slowdown with Update 1
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
(Just a small thing...)

Am I the only one experiencing slowdowns of the screen blanker modules on Update 1? Also, the os 4 version of Quake is completely unusable after the update due to messed up screen updates, even in lowest resolution...? Could this be some new background task eating up processor resources?

My system is SAM-flex 667MHz w/1 GB RAM and Radeon 9250.

Go to top
Re: Slowdown with Update 1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It is due to an incorrect tooltype in the monitor .info file. Change INTERRUPTS to INTERRUPT

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil
Maybe you run into the bug present in the screenmode utility check if this is the case: if you create a screen mode using the Monitors tab of the standard ScreenMode utility and save from there, there is a bug that will write this line "INTERRUPTS=YES" in your Radeon9250 tooltypes (in Devs:Monitors).
Note that it should say "INTERRUPT" instead (without the ending "S").

To fix this go to Devs Monitors and open the info panel for the Radeon 9250. Go to the tool-types and change the above line with "INTERRUPT=Yes" (without the quotes, it should be the very last entry).
Save and re-boot.

After this you should get at least the same performance as before, on my Flex i noticed that the GLMatrix screen-saver is slightly smoother (when it starts rotating the "vertical writings" it does so sligtly better, more fluid).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DAX

Thanks both of you, it solved the problem! (Sorry if this was a repost, I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.)

Just out of curiosity: What does the INTERRUPT flag mean/do? I can't find anything on it in the screenmodes.doc...

Go to top

Register To Post