Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
181 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 180

sailor, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga 1200 strange going on
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi
I have just put a Indivison 1200 AGA in my 1200 and it is working fine so I download some WBPattens from Aminet so I went into Prefs WB patterns and saved it so I have a nice picture on workbench but when I tried to go in prefs WB patterns to try a different picture which I click on the Icon but nothing happen and I even tried on other Icons in the pref draw and nothing happen. but if I went into the tool draw and click on a Icon say calculator, show config worked fine so I turn the Amiga off but it made no difference but everything worked fine before I changed the picture in the wb pattens. So I have tried many times to go back as it was but of course I can not open the WB patten Icon.

Go to top
Re: Amiga 1200 strange going on
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ant

Delete your:

DH0:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/wbpattern.prefs

file or similair, I say similar because I am not sure if the paths or names are the same... I am looking at my OS4.1 directories on my SAM etc reset your Amiga once you've done this!

This should restore the default then select another and save? if the same thing happens again, there must be some quirkiness somewhere else

You could just type this very thing into a shell

delete DH0
:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/wbpattern.prefs

if it says file or whatever does not exist then there are other paths or file
names you need to identify
... if it returns to the next line without any
feedback
... the file has been destroyed ;-) LOL simply reset the Amiga and
there you go...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x