Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 81

Maijestro, davec555, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Getting rid of warnings
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Raziel
There are both tiny and opengl declared in the source
#include "engines/grim/gfx_tinygl.h"
#include "engines/grim/gfx_opengl.h"

If i comment one of them out it stops with

engines/grim/grim.cpp: In member function 'virtual Common::Error Grim::GrimEngine::run()':
engines/grim/grim.cpp:346: error: expected type-specifier before 'GfxTinyGL'
engines/grim/grim.cpp:346: error: cannot convert 'int*' to 'Grim::GfxBase*' in assignment
engines/grim/grim.cpp:346: error: expected `;' before 'GfxTinyGL'

The code looks like this with the first g_driver line being line 346
if (_softRenderer)

g_driver = new GfxTinyGL();
#ifdef USE_OPENGL

else

g_driver = new GfxOpenGL();
#else

else

error("gfx backend doesn't support hardware rendering");
#endif

Any ideas?

If you comment one of them out, then it no longer knows what that class is. For example, commenting out gfx_tinygl.h would mean that the compiler no longer gets the definition of GfxTinyGL, and thus, doesn't know what GfxTinyGL is. Your error messages match that, it thinks that GfxTinyGL is probably a variable, and thus the type-specifier is missing.

If you comment out one header file, comment out any code that directly uses definitions in that file.

It's not immediately obvious what's causing the confusing errors in those other header files.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

What would you need to tell for sure whats causing it?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Hans

What would you need to tell for sure whats causing it?

This is one of those situations where one cannot say "tell me this, and I'll be able to tell you what's wrong." You need to keep digging and trying things. However, I do have a hunch about the problem; it relates to this bit in your error log:
Quote:
gluTessNormal(GLUtesselator*, GLdouble*, GLdouble*, GLdouble*)

It should actually be: gluTessNormal(GLUtesselator*, GLdouble, GLdouble, GLdouble)

All of your errors are related to "v", so maybe TinyGL has a nasty little "#define" somewhere that's screwing up the other code. One of the easiest methods to create confusing error messages is to stick a #define in someone's code.

My advice would be to try and modify "gfx_tinygl.h" so that it doesn't have to include the TinyGL header files. Let "gfx_tinygl.cpp" include the TinyGL header instead. This might require creating a few empty typedefs and structure definitions for the GL stuff that you use in the class header file, but it will avoid the conflict between TinyGL and everything else (it looks like it's messing with inputevent.h too). If you're having issues with the extra type definitions, put them into an #ifndef block so that they're not included when gfx_tinygl.cpp includes gfx_tinygl.h.

This sounds more complicated then it actually is, so I hope that it makes sense to you.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)