Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

clint, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

3 netsurf reports and 1 xfd (68k) report on the Bugtracker
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello Chris,

I have reported 3 Netsurf problems on your bugtracker and a problem with xad_xfd on 68k with dopus4 last beta version, for 68k.

xfd:

- reading a .txt from inside an archive or on a left or right listview (after a drawer list) cause a crash on my classic amiga.

the same file read by the read button work fine.

dopus4 pre20 with tooltype to force xad using. I have never this problem before installing xfd on the classic.

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Re: 3 netsurf reports and 1 xfd (68k) report on the Bugtracker
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

I've had a report that xad_xfd doesn't work at all on 68k (the 68k version doesn't work on OS4 either). Are you running DOpus on OS4? If so, use the OS4 version of xad_xfd and make sure xfdmaster.library is disabled from JIT in Compatibility prefs.

(I do intend to try and fix this, just not had chance to have a proper look at it yet)

Edited by Chris on 2009/9/26 14:15:29
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

I've closed most of the NetSurf ones

However, for bug #73 I'll need you to do a full save of the offending page from another browser. Check this locally-saved copy has the same fault and then send it to me or attach it to the bug report.

It's likely to be a problem in the core but I'll have a look at it first.

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Hello,

I have added the files you requested for the 192.168.1.1 hits.

XAD_XFD:

- If I disable forcexad tooltype with dopus4.17 pre 20 68k on the classic, archive are readed like a .txt.

- If I enable forcexad tooltype, archive are well opened with dopus4.17 pre 20 68k.

I could copy files from the archive fine but can't read a .txt file from the archive = Guru.

At the same time, double click a .txt file on a listview crash also dopus but no problem is I read the file with the read button.

Without your xad_xfd, dopus manage well the files inside archive (surely with another xad or with xadmaster itself).

Only when delete your xad_xfd and use forceopenxad as tooltype on dopus4.17 pre20, all work fine again.

Maybe your xad_xfd don't work on 68k and with dopus4.17 pre20, your xad seemed to work fine untill your xad_xfd cause hits when reading .txt files on an archive.

Thanks for corrected the netsurf problems I have reported.

NOTE: Answering reports from your bugtracker.

when answering with Ibrowse, that take some time for the browser to send the answer (surely same than with netsurf).

with Netsurf, the same, the seconds showed on the lower left part of netsurf grom to 0.0 sec to 35.x sec and after the answer is sended to the bugtracker. Strange because on other mantis I use, all answers are sended pratically imediately ???? (Thats why I have posted 2 times same reports previously).

NOTE2: on mone of my report, you said that the code for the.... sites adress window will be replaced by another one soon. That will be possible to fix the size of the site adress window after ???

Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/9/27 7:41:39
Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/9/27 7:46:26
Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/9/27 7:48:13

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

xad_xfd doesn't work on 68k, but the other report I had couldn't even list the file entries. As I said, I need to look at this but haven't had chance.

Crash: Can't reproduce here. Are you sure you're using 3.0-dev? 2.1 had a bug which would have crashed on that page.

Mantis: I don't know why it does that either. I might need to update it. Maybe it is waiting for a timeout sending emails (which doesn't work as it's disabled on the server - but I think still enabled within Mantis)

Hotlist: Still no snapshot, but the default size is better (half the screen height)
Resized Image

(There's usually some little images next to the expansion gadgets as well, but I ran it with old resources so they didn't appear)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

xad_xfd doesn't work on 68k, but the other report I had couldn't even list the file entries. As I said, I need to look at this but haven't had chance.

ok. ok.

Quote:

Crash: Can't reproduce here. Are you sure you're using 3.0-dev? 2.1 had a bug which would have crashed on that page.

Thats incredible, I have just tested with netsurf and no crash but strange and bad result. see the grab I will send you by mail.

Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/9/27 20:27:40

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

Got the screenshot - that's normal behaviour. Frames on NetSurf only really work properly on RISC OS at the moment, on OS4 they look a bit ugly but are useable.

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Allways crashing when accessing to http://192.168.1.1 with netsurf on the SAM and yesterday no crash but this result (screenshot).

Can you access to your modem/router with netsurf by using http://xxx.xx.x.x ???

Someone else could access his modem with netsurf ??? to know if just my modem page who cause problem with netsurf (work fine with IB, aweb, voyager, OWB,...)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

Quote:
Can you access to your modem/router with netsurf by using http://xxx.xx.x.x???

Yes, I can. Actually I can't because I think it needs JavaScript and doesn't display properly, but it doesn't crash.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Have just tested again some seconds ago and no crash but have again the same problem with wrong result caused by missing frames.

Great that the SAM not freeze the system and finally just wait after frame for netsurf.

We could consider this problem closed. Sorry for finally lost you some of your free time for nothing with my reports (just the feeling to not have been usefull finally).

Go to top

Register To Post