Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

New MakeCD Tutorial (AmigaKit Tech Docs)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In response to a customer support question, we created a tutorial on burning CDs with MakeCD.

I hope some others in the Community find it useful.

The tutorial can be found here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/technicaldocuments.php

Go to top
Re: New MakeCD Tutorial (AmigaKit Tech Docs)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amigakit

Not a bad start there but I think you might like to also mention that you can just select a directory and everything inside that directory will be included in the burn, any directories insides etc as well...

What I also do with AmiDVD... use checkfit/size in DirOpus to select and move into this specific directory (I have a burn directory in the root of all my partitions, DH0 has a directory called burn0, DH5 for example has a directory burn5...

It's easy to add a little more or remove the odd file if you are too far over or under etc...

food for thought anyway... I'd hate to have to use the MakeCD interface to fine tune my additions etc...

hope that all makes sense

note: burn0 or burn5 aren't created as directories in the root of the CDRom, only the directories/sub directories inside are... any files inside at any level are too of course...

Of course this method to make it simple would mean moving everything to this one directory... but in the age of super fast drives, especially SATA on the SAMs... it's very painless...

Also I am aware you are making it strictly within MakeCD but it's overlooking that old school Amiga users tend to have a bit more understanding than point and click and GUI only limitations

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post