Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AVD and some ainc comments
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Just in case someone has missed this:

http://bitbybitsoftwaregroup.com/index.php

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: AVD and some ainc comments
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

One can only hope that there will be a solution that fits the needs of all sites ... some day :/

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Good read that.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quotes are from the website listed in post #1:
Quote:
1. I am still working for Amiga Inc. and under a current NDA with them so my answers to any Amiga Inc. related issues are going to be very limited, if any. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I officially started on November 1st, 2007 as a full time employee, and I'm operating under an initial two year employment contract.

Funny that, October 31st, 2009 is the SCARY day, and yet it's Nov. 1st that he can tell us the REAL story of what happens at Amiga Inc. (behind closed doors) as his job there and NDA are OVER! Unless..... Amiga Inc. are prepared to hire him longer to shut his mouth about what really goes on there, hope he cashes in royally if they do do that.

Quote:
2. Contrary to some very wild speculation I've seen on the net, I am NOT locked up in Bill McEwen's basement somewhere being held hostage from making any further AmigaOS4 software. Bill is a good guy who lives in a near constant state of extreme pressure, so please give him a break OK.

He's compelled to defend that guy, as the two of them work together in that one office all day, day in day out, just the 2 of them. Can't be at each other's throats by stating the truth of what really goes on to us in public.

Quote:
** The following is strictly my personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of Amiga Inc. ** The big problem; Hyperion and Amiga Inc. continue to debate the ownership of OS4, and while they do so, Hyperion keeps a hold of the OS4.x sources they wrote, and no new contracts for say, "bring OS4 to x86" can be drawn up with them or anyone else for that matter.

I prefer that Hyperion DO NOT bring AOS4.x to x86, but really, are they truly worried that Amiga Inc. would or even COULD sue them at this point? Seems to me that Amiga Inc. isn't showing up to court anymore, unless the negotiators are in Biosphere3.0 STILL hashing out those sticky (finger licking good) details, details, details. (I think the devil is may be involved somehow. )

Quote:
Hyperion can not legally move the OS to non-PowerPC platforms unless they establish full ownership. Meanwhile, Amiga Inc. either has to start over from AmigaOS3.x sources still heavily connected to the Amiga chipset and the MC680x0 CPUs, OR give up on using AmigaOS sources as a base OS and start over from scratch to build AmigaOS 5 and beyond. Which do you think is more likely?

Hmmm, this is written on June 11th, 2009, does that mean that the first BYTE of A.O.S.5 hasn't even been written yet?!??!?!?

I would say, no, I DO say that Hyperion Entertainment was held hostage by Amiga Inc. by Amiga Inc. denying Hyperion the right to port to other CPUs for spite, many, many years ago. They tried to choke off income from H.E. to bankrupt them.

Anyway, Jamie asks what he should do, I support option #1:

Quote:
1. Keep the sources, and try to continue development of AVD for AmigaOS4.

Emphasis on AmigaOS 4 is mine, of course.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top

Register To Post