Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 87

jabirulo, skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The problem with VBLANK interrupt on OS4.1/peg2.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Have strange situation here. I tryed to port some os3 programm, which heavily related on hardware interrupt INTB_VERTB. The functions just setup inerrupt server by the AddIntServer(INTB_VERTB,myint), and then in Code of interrupt just do somethink , which by logica of VERTB will be happenes when interrupt happenes.

The problem is it: i have never happenes VERTB interrupt. I tested the same binary on other os4 oses (on m1, on other peg2 with _the same gfx card!_ ) - it works just fine. But for my setup, looks like it never works.

The binary (68k ones) for all in interest are here , source here. So, anyone can test it, and check:

if count = 0 always - then it mean VBLANK interrupt does not works for you. If count = "some different values", then it mean VBLANK interrupt works for you. I am in interest to see on how many aos4.x it works, and on which is not.

Anyway, can anybody point me what i can change and what i can try to remove/add, to make it works for me ? Somebody says that when you start to works with "prefs:screens" for promote screens => can be cause of problem. But for me it looks very strange. Becouse if i have in my radeon.info INTERRUPT=YES, then in any case interrupt must be happenes. Right ?

Go to top
Re: The problem with VBLANK interrupt on OS4.1/peg2.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I got an answer from the os4 devels:

INTB_VERTB (it has nothing to do with the vblank of the gfx board) doesn't work on SAM and Peg2 machines until rtg.library 41.4330 (10.3.2009).

It mean that it's not in the public at moment. So solution for me was a writing a software interrupt emulator of vblank. To anyone in interest here is os4 binary for tests, and here is the source. Also a list of results from differetn modes (different HZ). (you can detect - count is bigger when HZ is bigger =>more smooth fps).

All of this mean, that if someone want to use vblank interrupts, just use software one if you want to support all.

Go to top

Register To Post