Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SAM Flex Debian Install and Graphical Glitches
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have fired up my second SAM Flex 800 to run Debian and OS4 but I have hit a couple of interesting problems (unexplored opportunities-:))

For starters I use a 4 way USB KVM to run 2 x Flex and 1 x XP boxes, to date I only used the KVM to run 1 Flex and 1 x XP boxes one using DVI and the other using VGA inputs to my monitor, all worked extremely well, the Flex is 800/1GB memory, OS4.0 theme and has no graphical errors, everything very stable.

Tonight when hooking up the other Flex things change, the Netinstall of Debian seems to go very well but hangs (I think it is hanging, I have sat here for hours) at the actual install from the download mirrors (I have tried several and the HW network setup runs fine), I did try the install CD but I obviously have a corrupted download ISO and will try to download again tonight.

Nevermind the Linux side, I will work through those issues. The real interesting things happen on the OS4 side. Like I said normally I have no graphical glitches with my "normal" Flex, 1gb, with or without composting but having this other Flex added to the USB/KVM changes all that. I get a fair bit of graphical corruption AND one of the most stable programs ever, DVPlayer herniates, MPlayer playing the same clips seems ok. DvPlayer and Simplemail would simply not play together. I need to retry this tomorrow running AOS4 on both Flex machines and my poor old XP box and see what happens.

Just reporting this in case it helps track down the problem with graphical corruption which some folk report. Will advise how it all pans out.

ace

Go to top

Register To Post