Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmigaOne, help please!
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@npanag

U must have the secondary IDE enabled by the UBoot to use it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@npanag

Make sure both ports are turned on.
In the uboot shell,

setenv ide_maxbus 2 <ret>
setenv a1ide_maxbus 2 <ret>
saveenv <ret>

I don't think the a1ide_maxbus variable does anything, but it won't hurt.

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sundown

will try that, thanks! Another issue is that when the A1 starts i get a message "SCSI error...." and then the machine goes to initialize the ide ports...is there something that needs to be done with that message??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
update:

I activated the secondary ide port, i connected the HDD to the port as device 1 and A1 recognises the HDD and boots AOS 4.1 from DVD, but then i came across a different problem: AmigaOS 4.1. cannot see the HDD on controller a1ide.device in media toolbox so i cannot partition the HDD to prepare it for installation!!!

Why????

(the config now is DVD as master in primary port device 0 and HDD as master in secondary port device 1... this is the only one that works , if i change them meaning HDD primary master and DVD secondary master i get the purple screen again...)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Update 2

Finally i've managed to install AmigaOS4 pre-release with this configuration!! It is ok, and bootable but whatever i try when i boot the 4.1 cd i cannot seem to find the HDD on the A1ide.device even now that it is SFS formatted and ready!!

So, to overcome this, is there a way to upgrade the OS through the OS4 ? Do i have to install a new slb loader? The installation utility for 4.1 does not work when i try to load it through OS4 pre-release....

I'm getting somewhere but i would appreciate any ideas or suggestions

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@npanag

Ignore the "SCSI error", it's normal.

Quote:
(the config now is DVD as master in primary port device 0 and HDD as master in secondary port device 1... this is the only one that works , if i change them meaning HDD primary master and DVD secondary master i get the purple screen again...)

If you change the drive's around, you need to set the uboot drive configuration variable. If you want the HD on port 0 & the DVD on port 1, then set the a1ide_conf variable.

setenv a1ide_conf 1020 <ret>
saveenv <ret>

The first 2 #s are for port 0, second 2 #s are for port1.

0=nothing attached
1=HD
2=CD/DVD

You need to download Ranger, then you can copy & paste your uboot variables so we know & not have to guess. Uboot's a pain, but worth learning when you have these problems.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@npanag

had similar problems, ie my u1 did not find the harddrive in os4.1. replaced the backup battery and the problem disappeared.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sundown

My friend you are a SAVIOUR!! It worked with me with conf 2010 and 4.1 recognised the HDD!! I am now installing 4.1 in the A1!!!! At lasT!

EDIT: installed, up and running!

Edited by npanag on 2009/6/14 23:13:58
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@npanag

Very good.
Ok, now do yourself a favor & type the following in a shell,

nvgetvar >ram:uboot.txt

Print it out for reference. If the A1 has been sitting for awhile, replacing the cell battery (CR2032) is a good idea, get a good brand. If you do, you'll have to re-set the configuration variables again, but best to do all the maintenance all at once.

I also recommend you setenv boot1 cdrom & boot2 ide.
This will make the DVD the first boot device & the HD the second. That way you can easily boot from a CD if you need to, will boot from the HD if no CD is present.

Give thanks to walkero & gnyx for the maxbus & battery tips.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)