Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amiga Programming
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@interrogative
I seem to be lucky, only one entry for a developer cd on ebay, and that's the 2.1 version! Regarding the Amiga Style Guide I'll try my luck in a book store tomorrow. Thanx

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko
Funny one! But no it's Donald.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@McDonald

You don't need that old CD it's old and outdated, and comments documentations are most likely wrong or misleading, just download the OS4 SDK from Hyperion, thats all you need.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@McDonald

Quote:

McDonald wrote:
@Kicko
Funny one! But no it's Donald.

laff, I almost included in my initial post... not Connor McDonald from the clan McDonald?

A stretch reference to Highlander... but decided it was too sick to put in... but kicko has inspired me!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

[quite]
You don't need that old CD it's old and outdated, and comments documentations are most likely wrong or misleading, just download the OS4 SDK from Hyperion, thats all you need.
[/quite]

Actualy I disagree, I refer to quite often, yes the autodocs / include etc are out of date, but the library manuals and other info still have relevence. You need to use both.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@McDonald

And any good old book about 'C', there is the a C++ compiler but, AmigaOS was deigned for old 'C' so C++ is not going to where useful.

If you have some background knowledge about programing it going to help a lot, its going to be where hard journey if you don't, start whit simple programs, and then learn one library at the time, a good start might be to create some AmigaDOS commands, once you know how to do that learn Reaction, then intuition and graphics library, from there you might won't to learn AHI, you might find picasso96 interesting, but MiniGL or Cairo might be more useful, don't spend time on warp3d is going to become obsolete soon.

You might find some past experience in programing on Linux where useful, the Linux man files are where good, newlib / clib provide excellent options to dos.library file handling commands.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@McDonald

Welcome along.

SDK Browser as mentioned earlier, allows you to view the SDK autodocs.

Emporer is handy for building a GUI.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)