Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

Elwood, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My SAM memory isn't compatiable with the FLEX?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Seems that I can't buy the flex with a 512 meg module and then remove my current SAM boards module and sit it in beside it.

Surely this can't be the case?

ACube supplied my SAM with the module in the first place...

I mean sure, we have clocked it up to 800mhz but modern memory surely can work happily at this speed etc etc...

I'm not entirely put out, I guess there could be a time I want to run the other SAM instead of just using it as a backup MB. But initially I wasn't thinking that...

Guess I'm going to just have to order the Flex with the Gig installed...

If you're missing the point, with recent correspondence with ACube directly it appears they don't want to risk mixing 512 meg modules... I just thought it was a little strange...

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: My SAM memory isn't compatiable with the FLEX?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

you know that even on PC, sometimes some memory modules work better than others.
There's also ECC memory and others. So there *are* differences between modules.

So I understand ACube prefer to be sure nothing goes wrong.

May I suggest to send your Sam module to ACube so that they can test the Flex with this module?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Elwood

Thanks for the suggestion there Elwood, but that kind of defeats the purpose of not having a SAM at "ALL" times...

I was just putting the speculation out there that perhaps if they knew they were going to up the mhzs in the second phase that they would have considered the odd SAM user who wished to upgrade and take that into consideration...

I'm not talking about the user that opts to get there own Module, I am talking about users who get there board AND memory from them initially...

It is no real concern to me as I've just discovered, at some point yes I want them both able to run independently anyway...

I'll send them another mail to get the 1 gig FLEX going... heh

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

Well it would have been best if ACube had designed a consumer (and not embedded) motherboard and put in standard DDR Simm sockets...

But it seems they were/are targeting a different market and not AmigaOS 4 users....or am I wrong?

If so, I don't know why they put these silly ram sockets on (silly for consumers like Amiga users...). Maybe they have their reasons. Could be Technical or cost reasons or some other reason...

But I think you could take all the embedded/industrial components off the board and reduce the cost/size!!

Having said that, I am not complaining. I think any new motherboard is great for our Amiga market...however...

I am personally still waiting for the 1+GHz high-end board. I already own a Pegasos-2 and a MicroA1 and I want something even faster...

Go to top

Register To Post