Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

A NEW Printer for the SAM
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
okay gentlemen, ladies

the time has come to get a modern printer for the SAM, everything else is brand spanking new so I've decided I need a brand spanking new printer

I would like a (well) suitably supported printer that has a real driver etc and prints like you'd expect a printer to print from any work environment... ie what you see on your screen in your browser for instance generally is the same that prints out on the paper

any recommendations please?

arguements why, opinions are also welcome

thanks very much!!!!!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: A NEW Printer for the SAM
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

Here (on a ?A1) are Postscript-printers working: HP Colorlaserjet 2550 and Brother HL-5240, both connected to a printserver using lpr-device. Advantage: I can use the OS4-PS-drivers.

Regards
Toni

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Toni

Quote:

Here (on a ?A1) are Postscript-printers working: HP Colorlaserjet 2550 and Brother HL-5240, both connected to a printserver using lpr-device. Advantage: I can use the OS4-PS-drivers.

Sounds good, are they expensive to operate? Also are they serial or usb and just to clarify (since I don't remember seeing the drivers on OS4Depot or in storage dir) where can one find these PS specific drivers?

thanks for your help Toni

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

Postscript-printers are in general a bit more expensive than others, but the difference is decreasing. The Brother HL-5240 for example is a b/w Laserprinter with Postscript for about 200 swissfrancs (~170 US$). And it has both a parallel- and an usb-port. The HP 2550 is a Color-Laserjet (~450 US$) with a parallelport. But there are many other PS-Printers ...

Move the Printer named Postscript (its the driver) from the Storage/Printers-Dir to the Devs/Printers-Dir, if it isnt still there. And then you use the Printer-prefs and the PrinterPS-prefs. That should work with all PS-printers.

I hope that helps. Best regards
Toni

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Toni

That's invaluable Toni, thank you very much!

Be good to hear from any other alternatives also though... might be good to have a good quality one for those final precision prints and a run of the mill good quality for every day printing needs.

In hindsight too I do apologise for over doing it on the SAM side of things. The SAM afterall is just the latest release of AmigaHW and won't be the last as was the AmigaOne in its day so I really am wanting to hear from anyone with an AmigaOne (and variants) or a SAM etc

I'll do my best to remember that in future and add from time to time, I am running 4.1 on a SAM, in threads where it might actually matter on which platform

Go to top

Register To Post