Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 165

VooDoo, walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Failed to intsall OS 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, it seems that I am getting somewhere since I solved the keyboard problem I was facing (bought a new one).

Now here's another problem. When installing OS 4.1, I first choose "run media toolbox". Since the hd is new, I am editing the partitions. I create three. One, the SWAP (around 1.5 GB), two, DH0 which will be used as the system partition (about 5 GB) where 4.1 will be installed and the rest as DH1 (approximately 154 GB) which will be used as the "Work" partition. I am choosing the options for every partition the quickstart manual describes: "Automount" and "Bootable" enabled with SFS/00 for DH0 and Automount with SFS/02 for the DH1, as for the SWAP exactly how the maunal says. After that I get a "fixed" and "Ready status" for my HD. Then I choose "Format disk" and my HD does not appear, only my dvd drive (as CD0).

If I skip this part and continue with the istallation and type "DH0" when the system asks me where I want to istall OS 4.1 then a requester appears asking to instert volume DH0 (you know assign, mount, retry e.t.c.).

Most propably I am doing something very wrong here but what is it?

Go to top
Re: Failed to intsall OS 4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Said the same over at Amigaworld.net: When you created the partitions, MTB should not let you quit unless you perform a reboot. Only after you did the reboot will you be able to format the partitions.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Re: Failed to intsall OS 4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cool_amigaN
it's the same as in older versions of workbench, so you already have to know it.

A3040/25 AmigaOS 3.2.2 | A1260BPPC AmigaOS 3.2.2/4.0
Sam440ep AmigaOS 4.1.FE | PegasosII/G3 AmigaOS 4.1.FE/MorphOS 3.17
MacMini1.5 MorphOS 3.17

Long Live Amiga
Go to top

Register To Post