Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 2.2
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TrevorDick

Quote:
Well done! I have sent you a small donation towards your excellent work.
Small? It's the highest single donation I got since years, I even got donations smaller than just the PayPal fees of your donation already

Many thanks!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xeron

Quote:
It was libjpeg.so i was missing.
All required shared objects are in the readme.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

Quote:
Nice work! Do you think there will be any further optimisations?
Not that large ones any more, like in Blastoise using the AmigaOS4 font engine instead of libfreetype makes the biggest speed difference.
First I'll add all AmigaOS4 features of Blastoise to Doduo, then check if supporting multiple windows or tabs is posssible now, and only after all of that is done I'll try to make it faster.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Quote:
But have litle problem..How I can using bigger fonts and where I can configure my "home link" ??

I try whit tooltype but dont work? ! help ;)
I didn't add AmigaOS4 specific configuration options yet, the only thing you can configure currently is the window size with OWB's own config (owbrc).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@hotrod

Quote:
It seems to be leaking somewhere... I got 512MB RAM in my A1 G4 XE and I usually got more than 300MB left when AOS 4 has finnished booting. When I used OWB 2.2 I got about 60MB left after some browsing... after quiting it and using "avail flush" a few times I got about 140MB left
Although they fixed a lot of memory leaks in OWB recently there are still several left, but after quitting OWB everything should be released. The only reason why that doesn't happen would be that OWB trashes the structures used for resource tracking. There are still some memory trashing bugs in OWB, for example the crash on the ACID3 test, but if something like that happens it should crash on exit instead of exiting without problems and just leaving memory allocated. Strange.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
I noticed that URL input box was not updated when clicked on links,
I didn't implement that in the Doduo port yet.

Quote:
and there where some small gfx problems whit in frames on http://filmweb.no
Several frames related bugs Blastoise had are fixed now, but there are still problems with frames, for example http://os4welt.de/ is still messed up, not as much as in Blastoise any more, but not usable yet.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Cool i hope you find the time to finish these things soon, since OWB is very promising.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ikir

speed is really good here with G4@1000mhz nice work im looking forward to more goodies to be implemented

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

It certainly is faster. On my system it still crashes when visiting this site. I know that you said that this site works fine on your machine. Have there been any updates to the shared-objects? Or maybe it doesn't crash on yor machine because you have a newer version of OS4 than me (I have the latest publicly released update).

One other odd thing. With OWB running, Workbench gets a little sluggish, despite CPU usage being at almost 0%. If I double-click on an icon, it takes about half a second to open the window instead of opening instantly.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)