Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ffmpeg shell options (help Kevin)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@KTadd (or anyone who can help)

Hi Kevin,

I have been trying to convert some movies with ffmpeg, namely the Eric Schwartz tribute.

I have converted it to divx and mpeg2video succesfully with Tubexx, I have also managed to convert the .flv file succesfully using ffmpegGUI to vcd, svcd , and dvd (mpeg2video) with ffmpegGUI.
The problem is that the dvd file do not play in DvPlayer.
Stephen Fellner is looking into this, but asked me for the cli options for ffmpeg.

Within ffmpegGUI I selected the default setup for each of the above formats (vcd|svcd|dvd), and used 'save setup' to create a file of the shell options.

Although ffmpegGUI will convert the file ok, using the cli options directly with ffmpeg doesn't work.

So there must be some other option that ffmpegGUI uses, that is not saved in the save setup file.

For example I get the following file if I save the dvd setup:- Quote:
File_ID=ffms1;
video_framerate=-r 25
video_bitrate=-b 6000k
video_codec=-vcodec mpeg2video
video_deinterlace_mode=0
video_deinterlace=
video_aspect=
video_size=-s 720x576
audio_disable=0
audio_off=
audio_sample_freq=-ar 48000
audio_bitrate=-ab 448k
audio_channels=-ac 2
audio_codec=-acodec ac3
pad_top_val=0
pad_top=
pad_bottom_val=0
pad_bottom=
pad_left_val=0
pad_left=
pad_right_val=0
pad_right=
pad_color_val=000000
pad_color=
pad_custom_color_val=000000
pad_color_button_val=4
crop_top_val=0
crop_top=
crop_bottom_val=0
crop_bottom=
crop_left_val=0
crop_left=
crop_right_val=0
crop_right=
start_offset_val=0
start_offset=
duration_val=0
duration=
add_options=
outfile_format=.mpg

Which I believe gives me the following options:
Quote:
ffmpeg filename.flv -r 25 -b 6000k -vcodec mpeg2video -s 720x576 -ar 48000 -ab 448k -ac 2 -acodec ac3 filename.mpg

I get the following message in the ffmpeg output windowQuote:
Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 15.00 (15/1)
Input #0, flv, from 'media:Videos/Animated Amiga Tribute by Eric Schwartz.flv':
Duration: 00:03:20.3, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 22050 Hz, mono
Stream #0.1: Video: flv, yuv420p, 320x240, 15.00 fps(r)
Output #0, mpeg, to 'ram:Amiga_Tribute-dvd2.mpg':
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, q=2-31, 6000 kb/s, 25.00 fps(c)
Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.1 -> #0.0
Stream #0.0 -> #0.1

and a visit from the grim reaper, with this Crashlog.
I can only presume that ffmpegGUI adds something to the cli command that it is not saving in the save setup file, or that I am not including a neccesary option.
Any help would be greatefully recieved.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Re: ffmpeg shell options (help Kevin)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

I don't have time to look into this much right now as I'm at work but I'll try to check into this later.

One tip though. If you look at the first couple of lines in the output shell window you will see the exact ffmpeg line and options that are being used. It will contain a bunch of spaces so it will look funny but it is the command that is being executed.

Also, you might try increasing the stack size in the icon tooltype.

Edit:

I just noticed looking at the discription above the crash log that you executed ffmpeg from the shell. If you didn't increase the stack size it will definatly cause a crash. Execture Stack 300000 or so in the shell first before running ffmpeg.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
One tip though. If you look at the first couple of lines in the output shell window you will see the exact ffmpeg line and options that are being used. It will contain a bunch of spaces so it will look funny but it is the command that is being executed.

I have been using 'execute command' from workbench to run ffmpeg, and ffmpeg -i filename tp get the file details. The ffmpeg output window only gives the set up of ffmpeg, and not the command line entered.

Quote:

Edit:

I just noticed looking at the discription above the crash log that you executed ffmpeg from the shell. If you didn't increase the stack size it will definatly cause a crash. Execture Stack 300000 or so in the shell first before running ffmpeg.

I will give this a try and get back to you.

It would be great if you had more time to look at this in detail.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:

I have been using 'execute command' from workbench to run ffmpeg, and ffmpeg -i filename tp get the file details. The ffmpeg output window only gives the set up of ffmpeg, and not the command line entered.

Quote:

Edit:

I will give this a try and get back to you.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
Swoop wrote:
@ktadd

Ok, I was refering to using ffmpegGUI. It prints the full ffmpeg command it executes in the shell output before executing it. If you click the "Input File Info" button it will issue a ffmpeg -i <inputfile> command and give you the input file info. I think I strip out some of the info on ffmpeg itself though.

Quote:

I didn't have any time last night to look at this but I did take a few minutes this morning to look at it. I used ffmpegGUI v1.1 with the DVD(pal) predefined setting to convert the Amiga Tribute video from .flv to .mpg. The file converted fine with the resulting mpg file being 84M. It also played fine in DVPlayer on my uA1. I repeated the process with the same success using the DVD(ntsc) predefined setting at well so I can't seem to duplicate your poroblem.

I'm using DVPlayer version 0.65 registered but I also played it with the restricted version that came with OS4.
Note that I have dvdvcd.plugin version 51.2 in the dvplugins drawer. Not sure it that matters but it might be worth checking.

I can't seem to duplicate your problem but hopefully some of the information here will be helpful.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Quote:
Ok, I was refering to using ffmpegGUI. It prints the full ffmpeg command it executes in the shell output before executing it. If you click the "Input File Info" button it will issue a ffmpeg -i <inputfile> command and give you the input file info. I think I strip out some of the info on ffmpeg itself though.

If I issue 'stack 300000' in a shell and use the 'execute command' to run ffmpeg, I get the same crash. If I issue both commands in a shell, the file is converted.

Quote:
I didn't have any time last night to look at this but I did take a few minutes this morning to look at it. I used ffmpegGUI v1.1 with the DVD(pal) predefined setting to convert the Amiga Tribute video from .flv to .mpg. The file converted fine with the resulting mpg file being 84M. It also played fine in DVPlayer on my uA1. I repeated the process with the same success using the DVD(ntsc) predefined setting at well so I can't seem to duplicate your poroblem.

If I use either ffmpegGUI DVD(pal), or Tubexx (DVD option), I get the following file, which is 84,570,112 in size.
Quote:
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Media:DVPlayer_Prob/CLI test/Animated Amiga Tribute by Eric Schwartz-dvd.mpg':
Duration: 00:03:18.9, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 3401 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 9000 kb/s, 25.00 fps(r)
Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
If I use the shell to issue the command line I get the following file, which is 85,276,672 in size. (I don't know how to convert that to Mb) Quote:
Input #0, mpeg, from 'Media:DVPlayer_Prob/Amiga_Tribute-dvd2(shell).mpg':
Duration: 00:03:18.9, start: 0.500000, bitrate: 3429 kb/s
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 104857 kb/s, 25.00 fps(r)
Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
I don't know why there is a difference.
Quote:
I'm using DVPlayer version 0.65 registered but I also played it with the restricted version that came with OS4. Note that I have dvdvcd.plugin version 51.2 in the dvplugins drawer. Not sure it that matters but it might be worth checking.
I am using the same set up here.

Quote:
I can't seem to duplicate your problem but hopefully some of the information here will be helpful.
I'll play around with both files and see if I can find anything else out. As I said before the original .mpg files play in MPlayer, but lock my system with DvPlayer.

Peter Swallow

Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top

Register To Post