Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Picasso IV Problems with Booting A4000T
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi been away from the miggy scene a while (although I never parted with my A1200!) I have an A4000T which unless I get it up & running I'm tempted to sell it as they are selling for crazy prices & I'm getting fed up with it sat around in bits)

I'm new to the forum & would appreciate some advice, I have offered help to others via Amibench in the past.

My 4000T early boot screens when used via the PIV do not come out correctly on the 19" TFT monitor or on a bog standard 15khz Amiga monitor via the video port.
The screens split vertically in two & you can just make out the GFX. I am running Picasso 96 & OS3.9.

Are there any settings I have missed or jumper configs to sort this out ? I have the latest version of the PIV & it used to be fine on a 19" CRT.

My Processor is running the 233mhz PPC 060 Cyberstorm with a Prelude, also & a one stop music card.
I am running the boot drive from the Cyberstorm & I have no IDE drive. Other SCSI 2 drives have the PFS2 system which I think is causing a problem as they don't always appear on the WB as mounted.

Would like to get up & running on OS4.0 (got it ready to install) but I am having boot issues/stability now since I tried to see what I was changing on the Cyberstorm boot menu.

Any help with getting the PIV to show early boot ups correctly would be great as I want to see what OS4.0 is like.

Also I have a brand new arpegiator coming up for sale for the zii prelude if anyone is interested.

Thanks John

Edited by depechemode5 on 2008/4/1 21:34:29
Go to top
Re: Picasso IV Problems with Booting A4000T
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@depechemode5

My A4000T (PIV, CyberstormPPC 233MHz) was off since 1 year and when switching it on last month, nothing appears on the screen. So I suggest you to:

1/clean the machine (dust, check fan on the PPC)
2/reset all daughter boards (especially the CyberstormPPC: its connector to the mainboard has sometime problems to really connect)
3/push all components which are on sockets
4/pull/push the power cables connected to the main board many time: if you have many additional cards in the Zorro slot (elevated electic drain), the metal of the connector will begin to oxydize (not sure of this word, I'm not english), thus reducing the power it can carry (and the plastic of the 2 connectors also begin to burn).
5/I also have to change the UltraSCSI cable (broken in the middle).
6/check the battery (not related to your pb)

Also note that the onboard scsi is not supported by OS4 (the reason why I do (and will) not buy/install it).

Hope this helps.

Bye,
TMTisFree

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." (Napol?on Bonaparte)
"I would love to change the world, but they won?t give me the source code." (Unknown)
Go to top
Re: Picasso IV Problems with Booting A4000T
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TMTisFree

Hi thanks for the advice, I haven't used it for a while & installed a new boot cable on the UW so it could be that maybe.

I'll try your suggestions & fingers x'd get it up & running on OS4.0 once it's stable on 3.9

Your English term oxidisation is correct.

Regards John

Go to top

Register To Post