Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

balaton, Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: New version of X11 available soon..
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd

I reinstalled everything from scratch but everything's still like it was already.

A very small example from Snoopy log:
e16 [16] o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:LC_ALL",...,...,...)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:LC_ALL",SHARED)
e16 [16] o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:LC_MESSAGES",...,...,...)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:LC_MESSAGES",SHARED)
e16 [16] o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:GETTEXT_LOG_UNTRANSLATED",...,...,...)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:GETTEXT_LOG_UNTRANSLATED",SHARED)
e16 [16] o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:LANG",...,...,...)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:LANG",SHARED)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:XML_MEM_TRACE",SHARED)
AbiWord-2.5 o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:XML_MEM_TRACE",...,...,...)
ENV FAIL = Lock("ENVARC:XML_MEM_BREAKPOINT",SHARED)
AbiWord-2.5 o.k. = GetVar("ENVARC:XML_MEM_BREAKPOINT",...,...,...)

These are there over and over and millions times over again and there's a lot more similar messages. Snoopy log has some 6000 lines of these before I halted logging. Well sometimes this ENVARC:LANG is "o.k." and most of the times it's not.

Then when I quit X11 system I'll get this requester:
Please insert volume
/Software/X11R6.3-Pre3/sys:
in any drive

When "Software:X11R6.3-Pre" is correct Amiga style path.

And also:
Please insert volume
/Software/X11R6.3-Pre3/Software:
in any drive

When "Software:X11R6.3-Pre/Software/" is correct Amiga style path.

Another question/problem:
Is it possible to use screen resolution 1680x1050 in X11 because when I'm using it the screenmode is not correct somehow. My monitor show correct numbers on OSD but the screen doesn't fit on the viewable area. It's scrolled automaticly when moving the mouse. And I just found AW.net thread, and this 32 bit mode is broken. So do you have plans to fix it ?

@Jack
Pidgin, GIMP, AbiWord... just any of them.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

It is normal, that Cygnix programs are searching for a huge amount of environment vars.
The fact that - for example - "ENVARC:LANG" is sometimes found and sometimes not
is very strange. There are some variables, which MUST be available for sure. Maybe there
are some variables defined with a wrong value. Here are the most important vars with it's
default values:

DISPLAY - "localhost:0"
HOME - "/Cygnix/Home/root"
HOSTNAME - "localhost"
JPEGMEM - "10m"
LANG - "de" (should be "fi" for you)
LANGUAGE - "de" (should be "fi" for you)
MANPATH - "/usr/X11R6.3/man:/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/share/man"
PATH - "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6.3/bin:/C"
PATH_SEPARATOR - ":"
SHELL - "/bin/sh"
TMPDIR - "/T"
TZ - "Europe/Berlin" (should be set to your location "Europe/Helsinki")
USER - "root"

The second possible bug could be, that some standard UNIX paths are set wrong. Most important is
"USR:" and "ETC:". These assigns must be set to "Cygnix:CygnixPPC" / "Cygnix:CygnixPPC/etc" at the
FIRST place. Please check this with the "assign" command.
This can happen, if you've installed the OS4-SDK or an other port of an UNIX software.

Quote:
Another question/problem:
Is it possible to use screen resolution 1680x1050 in X11 because when I'm using it the screenmode is not correct somehow. My monitor show correct numbers on OSD but the screen doesn't fit on the viewable area. It's scrolled automaticly when moving the mouse. And I just found AW.net thread, and this 32 bit mode is broken. So do you have plans to fix it ?

If you've installed the latest update of Cygnix, you can set the screenmode this way:

SetENV SAVE Cygnix/CYGNIX_SCREEN_MODE cybergraphx@1680x1050x16

Just type this into a shell and press return. Of cource an according screenmode must exist. Internally the X server
uses the BestCModeIDTags() function of the cybergraphics.library to find the amiga screenmode.

Hope this helps

cygnusEd

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@cygnusEd

Everyone is too shy, so i'll back on topic!

Any news about the new version?

Thanks

Richi

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@cygnusEd

Argh... I think when I last time updated OS maybe I didn't copy ENVARC: back from a backup. And I think some program I installed required to create that HOME variable and put it point to some empty home directory. I had also those ETC: and USR: assigns already so I had to add those Cygnix paths in my scripts manually. Maybe Cygnix installer didn't overwrite those assigns because they existed already. Oops.

I had to create those env vars manually in CLI you listed in your post. I don't know why installer didn't create them when I reinstalled Cygnix from scratch. I have to say I didn't RTFM.

Now everything's working again. My mistake. I should RTFM next time. Thanks for help.

Do you have plans to fix that 32 bit colours problem ? And that 1680x1050 resolution isn't correct still. I'm starting to suspect this Radeon9200 card doesn't think it as standard resolution. Or is it cybergraphics.library that doesn't recognize the resolution ?

(Edit)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Richi

Quote:
Everyone is too shy, so i'll back on topic!

Any news about the new version?

Thanks

Don't know, if they are too shy or maybe not interrested

But seriously: The next version of Cygnix is still work in progress.
One problem is, that I have to recompile every package I've released so
far. The old packages will not work anymore and Cygnix must be completely
reinstalled . I have to accuse me in advance for this. This is also the reason
why I did not release any new software in the last time.

The new binaries are compiled from scratch for newlib and I have some
problems with them. I cannot say, when I will release everything, but I'm afraid
it will need some more weeks.

cygnusEd

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
Argh... I think when I last time updated OS maybe I didn't copy ENVARC: back from a backup. And I think some program I installed required to create that HOME variable and put it point to some empty home directory. I had also those ETC: and USR: assigns already so I had to add those Cygnix paths in my scripts manually. Maybe Cygnix installer didn't overwrite those assigns because they existed already. Oops.

Normally the startup script does overwrite the assigns. Please have a look at the file "s:User-Startup". This must be placed
at the END of the file:

;BEGIN Cygnix
assign Cygnix: "<mydrive>:X11R6.3-Pre3"
Path Cygnix:CygnixPPC/local/bin ADD
Path Cygnix:CygnixPPC/bin ADD
Path Cygnix:CygnixPPC/X11R6.3/bin ADD
;execute Cygnix:s/Cygnix-Startup
;END Cygnix

To avoid problems with Cygnix, you should uncomment the line "execute Cygnix:s/Cygnix-Startup", but this can cause problems
with the OS4-SDK or other UNIX ports. This will be solved in the next Cygnix version, because the binaries will not use USR: and
ETC: anymore. Also the environment vars will have a separate directory.

Quote:
I had to create those env vars manually in CLI you listed in your post. I don't know why installer didn't create them when I reinstalled Cygnix from scratch. I have to say I didn't RTFM.

Now everything's working again. My mistake. I should RTFM next time. Thanks for help.

There are no vars installed while the installation process. They are defined in the Cygnix startup script. If there are vars
defined in ENVARC: with different values, it can cause problems.
BTW: Reading the docs is always a good idea

[quoteDo you have plans to fix that 32 bit colours problem ? And that 1680x1050 resolution isn't correct still. I'm starting to suspect this Radeon9200 card doesn't think it as standard resolution. Or is it cybergraphics.library that doesn't recognize the resolution ?[/quote]

Yes. The new server will contain several bugfixes and some new features. This bug is also on my list.

The resolution problem is a bit strange. Maybe the BestCModeIDTags() function does not deliver the best screenmode. I guess,
that you have a screenmode with exact these dimensions?

cygnusEd

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)