Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

amigait, geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Initiative for new PPC Classic hardware
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Re: Initiative for new PPC Classic hardware
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@SEP

Might be prudent to first find out if Hyperion would be able to release an OS4 version for such a card or if they are contractually limited to the old cards. Perhaps a PCI-card doesn't cut it and it has to be an A1200 accelerator card or A3/4000 cpu card.

Edited by orgin on 2007/11/1 10:12:08
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

ACube and Hyperion are strategic partners. I'm sure they can work out a detail like that through a couple of emails. This is just something to try to get the ball rolling.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@SEP

Acube has nothing to do with that. It's only related to a certain set of contractual documents. If Hyperion is bound to either specific hardware or hardware of a specific type then they are just as dead locked as they are with the Sam.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
@SEP

Acube has nothing to do with that. It's only related to a certain set of contractual documents.

If ACube are interested in doing this, they are the ones who should be asking the questions. I'm just a potential customer. I tell ACube that I would buy such a product, they either say "not going to happen", or they start investigating. It's not down to me to ask these things.

Quote:
If Hyperion is bound to either specific hardware or hardware of a specific type then they are just as dead locked as they are with the Sam.

I understand that. My point was that ACube and Hyperion already talk to each other. A quick phone call or email should be enough to solicit the relevant info.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@SEP

Hence the term "Might be prudent"

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

This really is a non-issue at this time. The first step is to see whether acube are interested. Also, I doubt Hyperion will disclose any licensing details to me, particularly in the current climate. I therefore will not be asking.

PS. Feel free to keep bumping this though

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SEP

Heh... if you don't ask, how can you expect to get what you want?

~ Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
~ When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
~ Your children get only one childhood.
~ Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

My own personal interpretation of the AmigaOne Partners contract would allow it. I also read it to allow any new hardware platform so long as it is marketed "for the Amiga platform". That of course doesn't amount to a hill of beans, we'll just have to wait for the lawsuit to run its course to find out what a meaningful opinion from a judge turns out to be.

From the contract, the term "Target Hardware" is defined as (with my bold font)
Quote:
the PPC based hardware developed and marketed for the Amiga platform including but not limited to the hardware developed and marketed by Phase 5, DCE, and the AmigaOne hardware developed by Escena under contract with the Amiga One Partners.

IMHO that "but not limited to" allows more than just the CSPPC, BPPC and AmigaOne. Until a judge rules on everything caution and paranoia may be prudent, but what fun is prudent in our community? :)

Go to top

Register To Post